Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I myself regard the deaf people as superheroes, protectors of the visual language
- As quoted in «Sign Gene», al cinema arrivano i supereroi sordi mutanti (September 12, 2017), Corriere della Sera)
- A proficient signer can see accents in any particular sign language, even between, say, the south or north of Italy. Any actor pretending to sign in a movie stands out as doing exactly that: pretending.
- As quoted in Emilio Insolera. The film director, visual community member and activist is a man on a mission. (December 1, 2016), Kansai Scenel)
- The deaf eye sees what is invisible to the hearing eye.
- As quoted in (April 26, 2016)
- From the director to the international cast, all of them are from deaf families for generations, while the film industry usually entrusts these roles to audacious interpreters that end up being bad imitators of the Sign language: as if an Italian actor was asked to act in Japanese by cracking down the tongue.
Transcript of Emilio Insolera on BBC Radio (October 9, 2017)
Transcript of Emilio Insolera on BBC Radio. BBC News. October 9, 2017.
- You can see the existence of these beautiful signed languages which are incredibly visual, and they require space, they require space to grow.
Transcript of Emilio Insolera on Sky Sport 24 (September 12, 2017)
Transcript of Emilio Insolera on SKY Sport 224.Sky Sport 24.September 12, 2017.
- Italian language is not just sonore. It is also a visual one.
Quotes about Emilio Insolera
- Sign Gene's director (Emilio Insolera) met up with Tokyo Journal in Shibuya whilst en route to the NHK studios. The director turns out to be a lively character, one, perhaps unsurprisingly, with a sense for physical and situational humor.
- The greatest merit of Sign Gene is to break the veil that separates the audiences from the mysterious and fascinating world of the deaf, just as it did at the party in the Odeon auditorium, all united from that silent toast, from that speaking animatedly without voice, from that mimic joy in which we – incapable of communicating – were the only outsiders, the unique dis/ables, mutes like fishes in a very capable and alien society. Yes, if wanted to subvert, Insolera made the centerpiece.