Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Men will tell you what you are
From the day you are born
‘til the day when your heart stops beating
They give you their names
- "Boys" (Another Angry Woman; 2016)
- He don’t know how the devil comes
Right out under the midday sun
How he hungers for a way to make control
How he’d throw my body down
How I’ll never make a sound
How he’s waiting around the corner
- "Sidewalk Devil" (Another Angry Woman; 2016)
- The rules I want to break
The games I love to play
I know I shouldn't say
It's burning up my time
- "Rico Acid" (Blackberries // Rico Acid; 2017)
- We come together
Baby, can you feel it?
We're all torn up inside
- "Microscope" (single; 2018)
- You've got to know your power
- "Dum Blonde" (*69; 2018)
- It's midnight in Vegas
And oh, I want to be famous
And oh, I'm willing to get it just right for you
That's why I'm spread on the bed tonight
I'm feeling so dead inside
- "Daddy" (Emily Blue on Audiotree Live, 2019)
- I make a lot of bad decisions
- "Bad Decisions" (single, 2019)
- I have to know what I'm doing
I don't know what I'm doing
Not gonna lie to you
No idea what I'm doing right now
- "Whip Cream" (*69 Voicemails, 2019)
- When I wear the crown
You bow down!
- "Trump." (single, 2020)
- "Music is like food. It is necessary for me to stay alive. It is a fundamental part of being a human being. It is sustenance, full of different flavors, full of culture and beauty... I also just really love food, so, this is my analogy, I guess."
- Champaign-Urbana Smile Politely, 2016
- "We’re all living double lives: There’s the skin we wear on the surface, and then the one we keep to ourselves – the part of us that indulges in curiosities and fantasies we wouldn’t dare admit to the world, let alone ourselves."
- Explaining the story behind "Microscope" to Atwood Magazine, 2018
- "I enjoy strategizing and planning releases as packages, not just throwing them out willy nilly. But honestly, in today's music culture, every form of expression becomes valid if you give it your authentic effort."
- PopMatters, 2019
- "Hot take: this is probably not the first time it’s Rapist v. Rapist for president"
- "I can’t think of anyone more suited for Eurovision. She’s an LGBT artist, an absolute live performance beast, she’s drop-dead gorgeous, and her ever-changing genre-defying music would totally speak to all sub-fandoms. She’s made of the same material as Eurovision winners."
- Wiwibloggs on Emily Blue, 2020.