Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Another castle. Always another castle. And yet we always ask, 'where is the princess' and never think to ask whence these castles.
- I am alone in my thoughts, as I am alone in all things.
- I asked her, why do you stay with him. She laughed, the kind of laugh so empty it's less funny than a sob. 'Well, he did rescue me, didn't he?'
- I look at a turtle, I think I have done you one better; You wear a shell. I have become one.
- I looked down at Bowser's broken body, and saw in it a map of a broken world.
- It’s a kind of slow death, being an understudy in someone else’s life.
- So much depends on a red Koopa shell glazed with boot marks beside the green warp pipe.
- The aftermath. The after-math. When it no longer adds up.
- Where are the cities, where are the homes? What is a kingdom with no people to protect?
- Who fixed these blocks to the sky? What being? What being could so casually defy gravity?
- Where are the masons? Where are the bricklayers? Stone and mortar everywhere but by whose hands?