Ernest J. Gaines
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- King is probably one of three men of this century that I'll call heroic. A fantastic man as far as I'm concerned, for all that he did.
- In an interview with Patricia Rickels, as quoted in John Lowe (1995) Conversations with Ernest Gaines, University Press of Mississippi, p. 131
- I think I'm a very religious person. I think I believe in God as much as any man does. I don't only believe in God, I know there's God.
- Response after being asked "Do you regard yourself as a religious person?", in an interview with Religion & Ethics Newsweekly, February 18, 2011
- I would think a faith in God is one thing. I think that if we could change the whole world and keep the land is another thing. Change things yet keep keep the relationship is another thing.
- Gaines response after being asked: "Do you also see things in that world that you wish could be retained?", as quoted by Marcia Gaudet and Carl WootonPorch in Talk with Ernest Gaines: Conversations on the Writer's Craft (1990)
- All writers write about the past, and I try to make it come alive so you can see what happened.
- In an interview with Religion & Ethics Newsweekly, February 18, 2011