Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Esperanto was a very useful language, because wherever you went, you found someone to speak with. -- George Soros
- Asked about what impresses her most about Esperanto conferences:
- With Esperanto conferences, it was the level of fluency. I sort of thought it would be like watching a video of "Chapter 1 Dialogue" in a language class, like "Where is the library?" But it was very fluid, like watching someone speak Spanish. So seeing that happen convinced me that it's a real language; it's not people playing dress-up with a different vocabulary.
- Arika Okrent Author of “In the Land of Invented Languages” May 2009, Random House. From a Time Online interview By M.J. STEPHEY Monday, May. 18, 2009
- ESPERANTO: Universal language known by nobody in the universe. (original ESPERANTO: Idioma universal que no conoce nadie en el universo.)
- Enrique Jardiel Poncela Para leer mientras sube el ascensor (1932)