Euphoria (American TV series)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rue: What, you think 'cause I went to rehab, I stayed clean?
- Fezco: I mean, ain't that the point?
- Rue: [V.O.] I know a lot of you probably hate me right now, and I get it. If I could be a different person, I promise you, I would. Not because I want it, but because they do. And therein lies the catch.
- Rue: [V.O.] Now, I know this looks disturbing, but for real, I promise you, this does not end in a rape. But here's the thing. Everyone on the planet watches porn. Fact. And if you were to click on the 20 most popular videos on Porn Hub right now, this is basically what you'd see:
- Cal: I'm envious of your generation, you know. You guys don't care as much about the rules.
- Jules: Bitch, this isn't the '80s. You need to catch a dick.
- Rue: I'm Rue.
- Jules: I'm Jules.
- Rue: I've got an idea.
- Jules: What?
- Rue: Wanna get high?
Stuntin' Like My Daddy [1.02]
- Cal: What are you doing?
- Nate: Nothing, I just came to... came to say goodnight.
- Cal: Good night.
- Rue: [V.O.] It was the first day of school, and my heart was racing. I made a new best friend and for the first time since getting out of rehab, I was feeling good about the world.
- Jules: Didn't you just get out of rehab?
- Rue: Yeah.
- Jules: Should I be concerned?
- Rue: [V.O.] I used to take care of my dad after school because my mom had to take a second job to cover the medical bills. A state-issued nurse would come by every day for two hours, and she'd, legit, just play Candy Crush on her phone. But, anyway, the point is, he had, like, a bunch of pills. He was too out of it to know I was high.
Made You Look [1.03]
- Rue: [V.O.] Real love is when you can't exist without someone, when you'd rather die than be apart, and the whole world goes dark, and nothing else matters but the person standing in front of you.
- Rue: [V.O.] The summer before high school she started writing fan fiction. By the year's end, she had become one of the most prolific smut writers on Tumblr. She was known for her AU crossovers and her consistent NC-17 ratings. But what made her famous was her story, "The First Night," a 7,000-word fic that was largely credited with starting the "Larry Stylinson" conspiracy theory. That Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson of One Direction were secretly fucking.
- Jules: I'm not saying I'm in love. I'm just saying I really, really, really like him.
- Kat: All I know is that most guys are, like, weird, gross, and fucking pathetic.
Shook Ones, Pt. II [1.04]
- Rue: [V.O.] When Jules was eleven years old, her mother took her on a road trip.
- Allan: Are you making any friends?
- Jules: Not really.
- Allan: Well, that'll change.
- Rue: [V.O.] And whenever anything got too uncomfortable... ...Jules would just imagine that she wasn't really herself, and this wasn't really her life. She was just a character in a book or a movie or a show. That none of it was real, and if it was, how did it matter? It's not like her body ever really belonged to her in the first place. But fuck it. She'd save it for the memoirs. 'Cause that was the night she met her new best friend. And although she had never really been in a relationship or even in, like, love, she imagined spending the rest of her life with her. How they'd live together in some shitty New York apartment, and maybe date other people, but always sleep in the same bed. She even said it to her once, which was probably a mistake, for, like, a lot of reasons. Plus, that was before she fell for Tyler, like, hard, like, really hard.
- Cal: Hey. Look, I know you have the power to ruin my life right now. I'm begging you, pleading with you, please don't.I know you already told your friend. I saw her look at me.
- Jules: She won't tell anyone. I promise.
- Cal: 'Cause if this ever came out, I'd lose everything. I'd lose everything. I'll do whatever you want me to do.
- Jules: I have no intention of, like, hurting you or anything. I'm sorry about earlier. That was kind of dumb.
- Cal: That's okay. I just wanted to...
- Jules: It won't be a thing. Don't worry.
- Cal: Thank you. Thank you so much.
'03 Bonnie and Clyde [1.05]
- Rue: [V.O.] But honestly, the best thing I've ever had is Fentanyl. There's not a thing on planet Earth that compares to Fentanyl. Except Jules. Jules is a close second. Jules. Jules. Jules. Jules. And you know what would be better? Jules and Fentanyl. But I can't do both, because Jules won't have me. So for now, I'll choose Jules.
- Kat: [V.O.] There's nothing more powerful than a fat girl who doesn't give a fuck.
- Rue: [V.O.] All I know is, life is not a Nicholas Sparks novel.
- Ali: I think you're missing my point, Rue. Nothing in high school lasts forever.
- Cal: Boys. Do you think this stuff affects them? Even if they don't know it?
The Next Episode [1.06]
- Kat: What is, like, your weird fascination with me? I don't get it.
- Lexi: Rue? Rue? Rue. What happened?
- Rue: Um, I'm a burden.
- Lexi: What?
- Rue: Yeah. Um, I'm sor... I'm just... I'm a burden, and it is what it is, and it's embarrassing, and it's stupid, but, um, it's true. So, I'm sorry.
- Lexi: No, don't say that. You're not a burden.
- Jules: Rue! What's wrong?
- Lexi: I think we're gonna head out.
- Jules: No. No, it's just 'cause you're not dancing with me.
- Rue: That's not it, Jules.
- Lexi: Jules, you're soaking wet, and really drunk.
- Jules: You're dry. And dressed like Bob Ross.
- Lexi: Okay, I think we're gonna go.
- Jules: Don't be fucking boring. This whole town is so fucking boring. I don't care.
- Rue: Uh, would you like to go with us, Jules?
- Rue: Okay, well, then, how are you gonna get home?
- Jules: I don't know. And I don't care.
- Lexi: Okay, let's go.
- Rue: I can't... I can't fucking leave her.
- Nate: Tyler, I'm not gonna hurt you. You're in a fucking neck brace. Just sit down. I want to have a mature conversation. Come on.
The Trials and Tribulations of Trying to Pee While Depressed [1.07]
- Jules: It's not, like, great right now. I'm not exactly, like, in the best place.
- Cassie: I'm pregnant.
- McKay: What? Are you for real that you're 100 percent pregnant?
- Cassie: Yeah.
- McKay: I... I'm sorry, uh... Are you all right?
- Cassie: Yeah, I'm...'m just a little bit nervous.
- McKay: Nervous about what?
- Cassie: About what you're gonna say.
- McKay: You're not really thinking about having this kid, are you?
- Cassie: I really love you, McKay.
- McKay: Yeah, I love you, too, but I'm doing a lot of shit right now. I'm in the middle of school right now. It's a big fuckin' responsibility, Cassie.
- Cassie: What if this is what I'm supposed to do with my life?
- McKay: What the fuck? My parents are gonna kill me. My coach is gonna kill me. My parents are gonna fucking kill me. Fuck. Cass, I don't even think you wanna have this baby, okay? It's not a... It's not a fuckin' fairy tale. Like... It may seem all cute and cuddly to you, but this is real shit. I'm not even ready to be a dad. I don't know if that's selfish to say or whatever, but... children are fuckin' scary. You wanted to talk about it, so here we are, we're talking about it. But I say we don't do it.
- Cassie: I'm not saying I'm gonna have a baby. I just wanted to dream about it for a minute.
- McKay: You'll make the best mother on the planet one day. I say that without a doubt.
- Fezco: Listen, bruh. All I'm sayin', you keep fuckin' with Rue and her friends, and I'mma kill you.
- Nate: I'm sorry. For everything. I'm sorry for hurting you. You... you were the most beautiful person that I've ever known. I'm Tyler. I'm the person that you fell in love with.
- Rue: You know this isn't gonna end well.
And Salt the Earth Behind You [1.08]
- Rue: [V.O.] They put me on Cipro, which is the antibiotic they give to people that are exposed to anthrax, started me on Lexapro, which is one of the few antidepressants that doesn't make me crazier. And kept me there for three days. It was actually really nice. I love hospitals. If I could spend the rest of my life in a hospital, I would.
- Jules: Did all this happen because I left?
- Rue: No.
- Jules: You promise?
- Rue: Yeah, I promise. I've felt like this my whole life, Jules. Not all the time, but sometimes. You make it better, though.
- Jules: I'm sorry.
- Rue: For what?
- Jules: For not telling you the truth.
- Maddy: (scoffs) Your whole family is so fucking weird.
- Ethan: Kat, I liked you since I sat down next to you. You know, and I know that you think there's, like, zero chance that we're gonna be together forever, and, uh... I don't know. I guess, we're both juniors, so you're probably right about that. You know, I mean, like, is one of us gonna get hurt? Yeah. Probably. But I'll do my best to make sure that it's me.
- Zendaya – Rue Bennett
- Maude Apatow – Lexi Howard
- Angus Cloud – Fezco
- Eric Dane – Cal Jacobs
- Alexa Demie – Maddy Perez
- Jacob Elordi – Nate Jacobs
- Barbie Ferreira – Kat Hernandez
- Nika King – Leslie Bennett
- Storm Reid – Gia Bennett
- Hunter Schafer – Jules Vaughn
- Algee Smith – Christopher McKay
- Sydney Sweeney – Cassie Howard