- Directed by Paul W. S. Anderson. Screenplay by Philip Eisner (with an uncredited rewrite by Andrew Kevin Walker).
- God help us.
- [after watching the original crew's final chaotic log] We're leaving.
- You can't leave...she won't let you.
- Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see.
- Do you see?
Lt Cmdr D.J.: (after playing a recording of the ships log) I thought it said liberate me, save me. But its not me. Its liberate tute me, save yourself. And it gets worse. (Plays recording) There. I think that says ex inferis. Save yourself... from hell.
- Starck: Black Hole - the most destructive force in the universe - and you have created one?
- Weir: Absolutely yes! Because we can use that immense power to bent space-time - look, it would take the Lewis and Clark a 1000 years to reach the nearest star - the event horizon could be there in a day!
- Starck: If it worked ...
- Weir: [Descending to the black hole generator] You can come down, it is perfectly safe!
- Miller: [after watching the final chaotic log of the original crew] We're leaving.
- Weir: No, we can't leave. Our orders are specific.
- Miller: Rescue the crew, salvage what's left of the ship. The crew is dead, doctor. Your ship killed them.
- Weir: We came here to do a job--
- Miller: We're aborting, doctor! Starck, download the files from the Event Horizon 's computers. DJ, I want you to get Justin prepped and move him back to the Clark.
- DJ: There's stuff I want to get from Medical. I've got to move him into a tank.
- Miller: Not a problem. Do it. Peters, I want you to get the CO2 scrubbers back into the Clark. Take Smitty with you.
- Weir: Captain... don't do this.
- Miller: It's done.
- Weir: What about my ship? You can't just leave her!
- Miller: I have no intention of leaving her, doctor. I will take the Lewis and Clark to a safe distance and then I'll launch tact missiles at the Event Horizon until I'm satisfied she's vaporized. Fuck this ship!
- [Weir tries to grab Miller, who shoves him back; the lights shut off]
- Starck: [over intercom] Captain Miller, the bio-scan just went off the scale. It looks like the core is draining power from the rest of the ship.
- Miller: [into intercom] Get the files. Vacate. I want off this ship.
- Weir: You can't leave. She won't let you.
- Miller: You just get your gear and get back on the Lewis and Clark, doctor, or you'll find yourself walking home.
- Weir: I am home.
- Weir: Did you really think you could destroy this ship? She's defied space and time. She's been to a place you couldn't possibly imagine. And now, it is time to go back.
- Miller: I know. To hell.
- Weir: You know nothing. Hell is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
- Miller: [beating Weir with a CO2 scrubber] You! Won't! Take! My! Crew!
- [Weir disarms and viciously beats Miller]
- Weir: They're not your crew anymore. They belong to the ship.
- Miller: Take me. You take me, you leave them alone!
- Weir: No, there is no escape. The gateway is open, and you are all coming with me! Do you see? Do you see?! DO YOU SEE?!
- Miller: [grabs detonator] Yes, I see. [activates it]
- Weir: [screaming] NO!
- Laurence Fishburne - Captain Miller
- Sam Neill - Doctor William Weir
- Joely Richardson - Lieutenant Starck
- Richard T. Jones - Lieutenant Cooper
- Jack Noseworthy - Ensign Justin
- Jason Isaacs - Lieutenant Commander D.J.
- Sean Pertwee - Lieutenant Smith
- Kathleen Quinlan - Lieutenant Peters
- Peter Marinker - Captain John Kilpack
- Noah Huntley - Edward Corrick