Jump to navigation Jump to search
Yevgeny Abramovich Baratynsky (2 March 1800 – 11 July 1844) was a popular Russian philosopher and poet.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- We are not masters of ourselves and
in our days of youthful folly
we hasten to give premature vows
the omniscient Fate shall ridicule.
- Quoted in We'll Live Till Monday (1968) (Russian film)
- The mysterious power of harmony
Will expiate a heavy delusion
And tame a revolting desire.
- Just thought and thought!
Poor artist of the word!
High priest of thought!
You cannot flee;
The word holds all:
the world and man,
and ever-unveiled truth. (1840)
- One of Baratynsky’s major themes was man’s alienation from nature with the rise of industrialization. In this he went against the grain of popularity at the time;