Excel Saga (1999) is a comedy anime directed by Shinichi Watanabe (ja. Watanabe Shinichi) and based on a manga series written by Koushi Rikudou. The complete Japanese title is へっぽこ実験アニメーション エクセル・サーガ, translated as Quack Experimental Anime: Excel Saga. Excel is the heroine of this series. The director Shinichi Watanabe is featured as Nabeshin in this series.
- 1 Season 1
- 1.1 Koshi Rikdo Assassination Plot [1.1]
- 1.2 The Woman From Mars [1.2]
- 1.3 The Sacrificial Lamb of the Venomous Great Escape of Hell [1.3]
- 1.4 Love Puny [1.4]
- 1.5 The Interesting Giant Tower [1.5]
- 1.6 The Cold is Winter! Snowed Under Episode [1.6]
- 1.7 Melody of the Underground Passage [1.7]
- 1.8 Increase Ratings Week [1.8]
- 1.9 Bowling Girls [1.9]
- 1.10 Elegy to the Dogs [1.10]
- 1.11 Butt Out, Youth! [1.11]
- 1.12 Big City Part II [1.12]
- 1.13 The New Year's-End Party Hidden Talent Contest [1.13]
- 1.14 Prop [1.14]
- 1.15 More! Prop Memorial [1.15]
- 1.16 Take Back Love! [1.16]
- 1.17 Animation USA [1.17]
- 1.18 Municipal Force Daitenzin [1.18]
- 1.19 Menchi's Great Adventure 2 - Around the World in 80 Hours [1.19]
- 1.20 The Best of Mr. Pedro [1.20]
- 1.21 Visually Appealing Type [1.21]
- 1.22 Invasion, Mother [1.22]
- 1.23 Legend of the End of the Century Conqueror [1.23]
- 1.24 For You, I Could Die [1.24]
- 1.25 We Will Not Be Held Responsible [1.25]
- 1.26 Going Too Far [1.26]
- 2 Unidentified Episode
- 3 Cast
- 4 External links
Koshi Rikdo Assassination Plot [1.1]
- Excel: How dare you live in a place with a roof, you user of INK!?
- Excel: Please just pretend you were bitten by a stray dog and DIE. MY WHAT A TENACIOUS BASTARD!!!
- Excel: There is one Earth! If it splits, there will be two!
- Good Excel: The bullet of justice, caps evil's ass!
The Woman From Mars [1.2]
- Excel: Ma anghang!!!
- Watanabe: Hey! Ano problema mo?!? Can't you be a little quieter while I wallow in misery?
- Nabeshin: "Ramdam kita....... Space Butler.... HYOOOOOOOOH!"
The Sacrificial Lamb of the Venomous Great Escape of Hell [1.3]
- Excel: FREE AT LAST!!!!
- Army Captain Guy: You have the right to breathe. You have the right to blink freely. You have the right to pick your nose.
- Excel: Who is this place? Where are you? Me am Excel!
- Iwata: Awww...Come on, we just used your porn magazine for a potholder! Heck, the gravy stains might even enhance the experience!
- Army Captain Guy: "Ah! Very good Nabeshin! I see you're still a ninja commando from hell!"
Love Puny [1.4]
- Watanabe: "I'm.... a....... a....... CIVIL SERVANT!!!"
- IlPalazzo: Who puts a bomb in a dating game?!
The Interesting Giant Tower [1.5]
- Excel: Come on scribbles on the bathroom wall! Please show me the path that I must follow!
- Nabeshin (Singing): I'm Nabeshin, my afro suits me, it's easy to clean, just wash it once! The babes all like it 'cause it's fluffy and I like it 'cause I don't have to brush. Shaggy and curly, frizzy and messy, my afro do is the best for me. I'm Nabeshin and the chicks dig me. It's a wap-doo-wap doo-wap-doo-wap hair! Do-didididi-dey!
The Cold is Winter! Snowed Under Episode [1.6]
- IlPalazzo: Resources, resources! You must obtain more resources!
Melody of the Underground Passage [1.7]
- Three dying Puchuus: "Doo-Wop!"
Increase Ratings Week [1.8]
Excel: "I'm sexy"
Bowling Girls [1.9]
- Nabeshin: "I ain't dead."
Elegy to the Dogs [1.10]
Butt Out, Youth! [1.11]
- Excel: By the way, Mr. Aesop, education starts with just how you get close to those naïve young hearts. Categorically yelling at them produces the opposite effect. What we need on the modern battlefield of education is... Yes! A glass of tomato juice!
Big City Part II [1.12]
The New Year's-End Party Hidden Talent Contest [1.13]
More! Prop Memorial [1.15]
Take Back Love! [1.16]
Animation USA [1.17]
Excel: In the name of the moon, I'm going to slap yo' butt!
Municipal Force Daitenzin [1.18]
Menchi's Great Adventure 2 - Around the World in 80 Hours [1.19]
The Best of Mr. Pedro [1.20]
Visually Appealing Type [1.21]
Invasion, Mother [1.22]
Legend of the End of the Century Conqueror [1.23]
- Excel: I am shock!
For You, I Could Die [1.24]
We Will Not Be Held Responsible [1.25]
- Pedro & That Man: One shot is all we get!
- That Man: Chinpyourousupoun!
- Pedro: Nabe-hame-ha!
Going Too Far [1.26]
"Don't worry, girls, explosions fix everything!"
- "Aww, it's so cute...BUT WHO THE HECK CARES!?"
- "I will make it [the mannequin] a Staff Officer, and the thingy a Unit Captain!"
- "Oh, so they intend to take over the planet all at once, do they? I can only say that it's an idea for fools who can only grasp the most generalized of concepts."
- "I'm Nabeshin!"
- "And now, it's time to Nabe-leave!!"
- "Don't worry, girls, explosions fix everything!"
- "It's time for some Nabe-Puchuu punchin'!"
- "...well maybe Pedro should show you a flashback instead."
- "I cry twin waterfalls!"
- "OWWWW! That hurt! You make-a me bleed!"
- "Ow! That shatters a bone!"
- "Why you kill-a me so easily?"
- "Divine Retribution"
- "Burn in hell!"
Watanabe, Iwata, and Sumiyoshi
- "Shut up! Shut up and die!" -Watanabe
- "I don't like you guys!! And give me back my doughnuts!" -Watanabe
- Watanabe: "My sensitivity isn't the issue here! Surely you can see that!"
- Iwata: "Don't call me Shirley, I'm Iwata!"
- "That's life. Those are life. This is life. They're all lives." -Tetsuko
- Jessica Calvello - Excel
- Larissa Wolcott - Excel (eps 14-26)
- Monica Rial - Hyatt
- Jason Douglas - Il Palazzo
- Hilary Haag - Menchi