(Redirected from Excesses)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Excess refers to amounts or behaviors that go beyond what is necessary, usual, normal, or proper.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- EXCESS, n. In morals, an indulgence that enforces by appropriate penalties the law of moderation.
- Ambrose Bierce, The Cynic's Dictionary (1906); republished as The Devil's Dictionary (1911).
- Refuse all excess, except in youthful enthusiasm.
- Fausto Cercignani in: Brian Morris, Simply Transcribed. Quotations from Fausto Cercignani, Lulu Press, 2nd ed. (2014), p. 39.
- Whenever there is excess, an axe remedies it!