Jump to navigation Jump to search
eXistenZ is a 1999 science fiction/thriller film about a game designer on the run from assassins who must play her latest virtual reality creation with a marketing trainee to determine if the game has been damaged.
- Directed by and written by David Cronenberg.
Play Or Be Played taglines
- [after killing Ted] Have I won? Have I won the game? Have I won?
- You have to play the game to find out why you're playing the game.
- Allegra, what if we're not in the game anymore?
- I want to put the game on pause. The game can be paused, can't it? I mean, all games can be paused, right?
- Ted: Free will is obviously not a big factor in this little world of ours.
- Allegra: It's like real life. There's just enough to make it interesting.
- Ted: It hurts. I think it's infected.
- Allegra: No, it's not infected. It's just excited. It wants action.
- [Allegra licks her finger and sticks it into his bio port]
- Ted: But I really don't think I want action! Me, I mean. The bearer of the excited bio-port.
- Ted: I don't like it here. I don't know what's going on. We're both stumbling around together in this unformed world whose rules and objectives are largely unknown, seemingly undecipherable or even possibly nonexistent, always on the verge of being killed by forces we don't understand!
- Allegra: That sounds like my game, all right.
- Ted: It sounds like a game that's not gonna be easy to market.
- Allegra: But it's a game everybody is already playing.
- Play Or Be Played
- Play it. Live it. Kill for it.
- Where does reality stop. And the game begin?
- Jennifer Jason Leigh — Allegra Geller
- Jude Law — Ted Pikul
- Oscar Hsu — Chinese Waiter
- eXistenZ quotes at the Internet Movie Database
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|