Father of the Bride Part II
Father of the Bride Part II is a 1995 comedy film, sequel to Father of the Bride and a re-make of the sequel to the original version, Father's Little Dividend, in which George Banks deals not only with the pregnancy of his daughter, but also with the unexpected pregnancy of his wife.
- Directed by Charles Shyer. Written by Nancy Meyers and Charles Shyer, based on Albert Hackett's and Frances Goodrich's screenplay for Father's Little Dividend.
- We could sell this house is a second. It's the Leave It To Beaver house that everybody wants.
- Now, going to the movies. That'll be economical: one child, two seniors. Thanks.
- What are we, the Schmaltz family?
- Mr. Habib, this is not a piece of land. This is my home and I'm going to be a father again and I don't want to bring my baby home to a condo on the beach! I want to drive down that street and I want to pull into this driveway and I want to honk my horn...
- What am I supposed to do? Sleep standing up?
- [talking about his baby's name] Franck Banks - has sort of a continental ring to it.
- Father of the bride and a baby? GET OUT OF TOWN.
- Two Vastnick is like, "Bye, George! See you next Thursday!"
- Just because we're older doesn't mean we're old. This is the 90s.
- How would you like to go through life with the name Cooper Banks-Mackenzie? The kid's going to sound like a law firm.
- Matty: I'm 4-foot 6. I don't shave, I don't have a job, and I'm going to be an uncle. Is there something weird about that?
- George: Finally, someone who thinks like I do.
- Nina: Oh, yeah. a 12-year-old.
- George: Mr. Habib, please. You see this pathway? I laid these bricks with my own two hands, I planted grass, I built this fence, I BROKE THAT WINDOW WITH A FRISBEE, I painted these shutters. Don't bulldoze my memories, man. Sell me back my home.
- Mr. Habib: For how much?
- Gang Kid: [George sleeps after using 2 sleeping pills, and on their way to the hospital, his head is leaning on the window of the car] Hey man, what's up with that face, huh? Is that suppose to be me?
- [the others in car chuckle]
- Gang Kid: You got a problem? Loser?
- Franck: [Franck rolls down the window a little] No we do not have a problem, so leaf us alone!
- Gang Kid: Leaf, choo alone? What are you, a tree?
- Franck: Ha, ha, ha, that is vary funny. You are obviously a comodian.
- [pronounced Coe - Maw - Dee - Un]
- Gang Kid: Hey what kind of accent is that, man? What planet are you from?
- Franck: Vut Planet? The planet of not wanting to be die, by a drive-by SHOOTING!
- Just When His World Is Back To Normal... He's In For The Surprise Of His Life!
- Expect the unexpected.
- Steve Martin - George Banks
- Diane Keaton - Nina Banks
- Kimberly Williams-Paisley - Annie Banks-Mackenzie
- George Newbern - Bryan Mackenzie
- Kieran Culkin - Matty Banks
- Martin Short - Franck Eggelhoffer
- Eugene Levy - Mr. Habib
- B.D. Wong - Howard Weinstein