Fear of a Black Hat
Fear of a Black Hat (1994) is a comedy film, a mockumentary satirizing and spoofing hip hop culture. It deals with a year in the life of the fictional gangsta rap posse NWH (Niggaz With Hats), consisting of rappers Ice Cold and Tasty Taste and MC Tone Def, observed by sociologist Nina Blackburn.
- On the social relevance" of the song Booty Juice
- The butt is like society. It has to open up.
- On the "social relevance" of the song "Come Pet the P.U.S.S.Y.
- P - Political, U - Unrest, S - Stabilize, S - Society, Y - Yeah.
- [Excerpts of the lyrics of Come Pet the P.U.S.S.Y.]
- When you step to it, step to it hard
it’ll open up so don’t bogart
Time to stand erect and gain entry
to the richness that waits within see
We gotta work hard if we wanna groove it
and I’m in it to win it so let’s do it
- Tasty-Taste: "We are anti-violent. Anyone who says different, I am going to bust a cap in your ass!"
- Tasty Taste: It is our civic duty to bang the booty!
- Nina Blackburn: Are these guns registered with the state?
- Tasty Taste: State of siege!
- Nina Blackburn: "They say you have to watch out for the quiet ones."
- Tasty Taste: "And if you notice I ain't said shit for a couple of minutes now!"
- [Excerpts of the lyrics of "Granny Said Kick Yo Ass"]
- My foot is ready to fly like a government stealth-G
- My leather boots ready to fly
- Direct to the center of the most soft tissue
- so far up in you that you’re gonna wish
- you never ever heard my name
- never ever tried my game
- When my foot goes in that posterior
- you’ll taste it in your mouth’s interior
- Tastey T will go to the battle
- killin more fools than mickey dees kills cattle
- Tasty-Taste is rapping a self-described "love song"
- Tasty-Taste: I want to make you mine, slap yo fat behind, tie you down and make you whine. I want you to scratch my itch and be my b***h.... cuz I luv you girl
- Nina Blackburn: "What is the difference between a bitch and a hoe?"
- Tone-Deaf: "A hoe fucks everyone. A bitch fucks everyone but you!"
- [Excerpts from the lyrics of "Just A Human"]
- Tone Deaf:
- We all stand or sit when we pee
- I’m just a human just a human being
- When I doo-doo is my shit not brown
- it’s a universal thing we all flush it down
- And when you wipe do you look at the tissue
- most folks do, it ain’t even an issue
- Hot stuff makes it burn comin out
- I bet everyone knows what I’m talkin about
- Cause we are all one race on this planet
- we all burp and fart, and that’s the way God planned it
- So don’t act like your superior
- eat something bad an just like me you’ll get diarrhea
- Cause black, white, yellow, red, brown or gold
- our shit all comes from the same little hole
- Nina Blackburn: Your new album is "NWH: Fear Of A Black Hat."
- Ice Cold: Right. But see actually that shit was suppose to be "NWH: Fear Of A Black Hat," subtitled "Don’t Shoot ‘Til You See The Whites."
- Nina Blackburn: Of their eyes?
- Ice Cold: Whose eyes?
- Nina Blackburn: Don’t shoot until you see the whites of their eyes.
- Ice Cold: No, no, no! Don’t shoot until you see the whites. Period. That’s it. End of story. You know what I’m saying? But the record company, they dogged us out. They wouldn’t let us put it on it.
- Tasty Taste: Yeah. We should have busted a cap in their ass.
- Tone Deaf: They're always trying to censor our shit.
- Nina Blackburn: For instance, with the song "Kill Whitey."
- Ice Cold: That shit was a whole big misunderstanding. They took the whole thing out of context.
- Tone Deaf: They were trying to say we were advocating killing white people and shit.
- Tasty Taste: Yeah! Do I look like the type of nigga that could kill a whole buncha white mutha fuckas? I mean, you know, given a reason, but not on a humbug."
- Nina Blackburn: Well, in the song lyrics I’m quoting: "He’ll rip you off. He’ll take your money, make you work for free. Though you may scoff. It isn’t funny. He’s the devil, see. Kill Whitey."
- Ice Cold: Right. Now how can you listen to that and think we’re talking about killing all white people?
- Tone Deaf: Fact. We were talking about one specific whitey. Whitey Deluca our ex-manager.
- Tasty Taste: He ripped us off for 70 g's.
- Ice Cold: That’s right. And Whitey Deluca wasn’t even white. He was Italian. He was one of those olive complexion MFs you know.
- Nina Blackburn: If I remember correctly, he ended up murdered?
- Ice Cold: We wasn’t in town when that shit happened.
- Tone Deaf: Wait a minute, we were here.
- Ice Cold: No, no, no. We were in Cleveland like a "mo fo" remember?
- Tone Deaf: Oh, yeah.