Ferrari S.p.A. is an Italian luxury sports car manufacturer based in Maranello, Italy. Founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1939 out of the Alfa Romeo race division as Auto Avio Costruzioni, the company built its first car in 1940, and produced its first Ferrari-badged car in 1947.
- Then there's power. There was a time when people cooed over Ferraris that developed 200 horsepower, whereas today 2.0 litre Escorts can manage that. It's almost impossible to buy a car that won't do a hundred. (If you really want one, various Mercedes diesels make a pretty good stab at it.) Then there's the environment. The Volkswagen Beetle could kill a rain forest at 400 paces whereas today's Golf trundles around with tulips coming out of its exhaust. The gas coming out of a Saab is actually cleaner than the air that went in. That's true, that is.
- Jeremy Clarkson, Born to be Riled (1999), p. 21
- There's one other thing too. No car can truly be great unless it's a Ferrari.
- Jeremy Clarkson, Born to be Riled (1999), p. 23
- Ferraris are art, but they love being driven.
- Chris Evans, Live magazine, the Mail on Sunday (UK) newspaper (29 November 2009)