Final Destination 5
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Final Destination 5 is the fifth installment in the Final Destination series. During the events, a group of co-workers escape from the disaster in the suspended bridge. Death is after them to take down the survivors of the bridge.
- Directed by Steven Quale. Written by Eric Heisserer.
Death has never been closer.(taglines)
- Death is going to come for me, I don't think it matters where I am.
- [to Bludworth] Why are you following us? Who are you?
- We're all gonna die if we don't get off this bridge now!
- [to Molly] I am better when you're with me.
- Something's wrong.
- Because as your boss, I'm... I'm ready to fire your ass!
- It's kill or be killed.
- Then why is it that you deserve to live, Molly?
- Tell Candice I love her!
- I fire him and suddenly, I've got a factory full of Roys but I'll win him over, even if it kills me.
- Death doesn't like being cheated.
- You changed things on that bridge and there's a wrinkle in reality. And that wrinkle, is you [faces Sam and his friends].
- [last lines] You all just be careful now.
- Sweetie, it's not fat. They're called tits.
- I just get weird with tragedies.
- [on Candice's death] What? Did you see the crazy shit those gymnasts do? I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.
- Well, this day just got way more fun.
- Is this supposed to be happening?
- Yo Buddha, slow down on the rice cakes.
- Okay, sorry. Do you come with subtitles?
- Candice Hooper: You know, if you want to get rid of that baby fat, you should try the gym. They have those workout machines that you use on your back. You're good at that?
- Flight Attendant: Oh, a kid had a panic attack and wanted off the plane. Said he had some kind of vision.
- John: Life's a bitch.
- Dr Leonetti: [to Olivia] What made you decide to take the leap today?
- Agent Block: Two deaths? Alright, that's a coincidence. Three? That's a pattern.
- [At the crime scene where the coroners recover Isaac's dead body]
- Peter Friedkin: They said it was a freak accident.
- Nathan Sears: Yeah, Raise your hand if you believe that.
- Molly Harper: Who dies during a massage?, Seriously.
- Peter Friedkin: First Candice, Now Isaac. It can't be a coincidence.
- Sam Lawton: [had seen Bludworth] It's not. [began to follow Bludworth.]
- Molly Harper: Where are you going? [follows Sam]
- Nathan Sears: [had recognized Bludworth] It's that creepy dude.
- Sam Lawton: [to Bludworth] Why are you following us? Who are you? [Peter and Nathan arrive] You were at the... the cemetery, then the gym, now here. What are you doing?
- William Bludworth: My job.
- [Bludworth prepares to leave while whistling]
- Sam Lawton: [following with Molly, Peter and Nathan] What's happening to us?
- [Bludworth stops and turns to Sam]
- William Bludworth: What makes you think I know anything?
- Sam Lawton: You warned us. At the memorial service. You said death didn't like to be cheated.
- William Bludworth: It's just that I've seen this... before.
- Nathan Sears: You've seen what?
- William Bludworth: A lucky few survive a disaster. And then one by one... death comes for them all. You changed things on that bridge. There's a wrinkle in reality. And that wrinkle is you.
- Nathan Sears: So what, we're doomed to die? I mean is - is that it? We just got our lives back, so what kind of fucked up karma is that?
- Sam Lawton: Are you saying we can't stop this?
- William Bludworth: You were supposed to die on that bridge. You're not supposed to be here. You shorted death. So you let death have somebody else in your place, and you take their spot in the realm of the living. All the days and years that they have yet to live. And they take your place in death. Then the books are balanced.
- Peter Friedkin: Wait a minute. We kill someone, we get their life? Is that what you're telling me?
- William Bludworth: I don't make the rules. I just clean up... after the game is over.
- [After Bludworth left]
- Peter Friedkin: Maybe that's why Candice and Isaac are dead. They weren't supposed to survive, and now it's coming after the rest of us.
- Sam Lawton: No. No, not all of us. Molly made it, she didn't die.
- Molly Harper: What?
- Sam Lawton: Well... when I had that vision, or premonition, or whatever it was... I got you across before the bridge collapsed. You survived.
- Peter Friedkin: You saved her? Why, because you decided that she deserved to live more than the rest of us?
- Molly Harper: No, That's not what he's saying. I don't deserve to live more than anyone.
- Peter Friedkin: Well apparently you deserve to live more than Candice!
- Sam Lawton: Hey, whoa! Peter hang on.
- Nathan Sears: No look. Guys come on. You're not drinking the Kool-Aid are you? Killing people to survive Death's list? Really? I may not know what's going on but it's not what that guy's selling.
- Peter Friedkin: Yeah? What else is it then?
- [Peter leaves]
- Sam Lawton: Oh, shit.
- Molly Harper: We need to tell Olivia. Come on.
- [Sam, Molly and Nathan leave]
- [Peter came in Dennis's office.]
- Dennis Lapman: They're closing us down.
- Peter Friedkin: They're shutting down the plant?
- Dennis Lapman: Not the whole plant, just us. Just sales and administration. Can you believe it? Us? It's the factory guys that usually get laid off. Not us, we're supposed to be safe.
- Peter Friedkin: Yeah, Dennis, we got bigger problems. Olivia and Isaac are dead.
- Dennis Lapman: Who's Isaac?
- Peter Friedkin: Isaac Palmer, tech support.
- Dennis Lapman: Wasn't he dead already?
- Peter Friedkin: No, Dennis. Listen, it's going to happen to us too if we don't do something about it.
- Dennis Lapman: Yeah, I understand. Listen, it's called survivor's guilt.
- Peter Friedkin: No. No, guilt doesn't kill you.
- Dennis Lapman: Obviously you've never met my in-laws.
- Peter Friedkin: I'm not fucking around here, Dennis! Anyone could be next. It could be you! Understand? Nobody's safe!
- Dennis Lapman: What are you talking about?
- Peter Friedkin: We weren't supposed to survive that bridge collapse. And so now it's kill or be killed. You get that, Dennis? Whatever. I warned you. Do whatever you wanna do.
- [Peter leaves Dennis's office. Dennis picks up the phone and calls Agent Block.]
- Dennis Lapman: Hey, Agent Block, it's Dennis. Um- Listen, Pete just came in here and he's just completely lost it. He's yelling about "kill or be killed." Oh, yeah, it definitely sounded like a threat.
- [As Sam began to leave for his shift.]
- Molly Harper: Why are you fighting me on this? You're not seriously going to work are you?
- Sam Lawton: Molly, Isaac died on a massage table. If Death is gonna come for me, I don't think it matters where I am.---
- Molly Harper: Well, you have to do something.
- Sam Lawton: What? Kill someone so I can live?
- Molly Harper: No, of course not. We'll just have to figure something else out.
- Sam Lawton: I have figured it out. Something saved me on that bridge. Maybe it doesn't want me to die.
- Molly Harper: Maybe.
- Sam Lawton: We can't live our lives in fear, Moll. So if it happens tomorrow or 50 years from now, whatever. As long as we're together, I'll be okay. Right? Why don't you come by after my shift and I'll make you a nice late dinner, okay? [kisses Molly] All right, give me this.
- [Molly hands Sam, his jacket as he leaves]
- [At Roy's funeral, John stumbles to Nathan.]
- John: Nice of you to come, Nathan. Well, Roy wasn't the easiest guy to work with.
- Nathan Sears: You know?
- John: I still can't believe he's gone though.
- Nathan Sears: Yeah, yeah no kidding.
- John: I guess it was for the best.
- [Nathan turns to John.]
- Nathan Sears: What do you mean?
- John: Company did an autopsy for insurance purposes. Turns out Roy had an enlarged blood vessel in his brain so big that it was about to burst. They say he'll be dead any day now.
- Nathan Sears: [pauses, his last words] Any day?
- John: Life's a bitch.
- [John leaves, as Nathan realized this.; A flaming plane landing gear from Flight 180 breaks through the bar and crushes Nathan.]
- William Bludworth: [voice-over.] You all just be careful now.
- Death has never been closer.
- This Summer, death decides how... fate decides when.
- We all share a common destination.
- Death is back and is really, really, really closer than before.
- Nicholas D'Agosto - Sam
- Emma Bell - Molly
- Miles Fisher - Peter Friedkin
- Ellen Wroe - Candice Hooper
- Jacqueline MacInnes Wood - Olivia Castle
- P. J. Byrne - Isaac
- Arlen Escarpeta - Nathan
- David Koechner - Dennis
- Courtney B. Vance - Agent Block
- Tony Todd - Bludworth