Final Fantasy VI
- ... ...!? This better not have anything to do with that Magitek-riding, Imperial witch!!!
- to Arvis, when asked to help a mysterious girl
- I won't leave you until your memory returns!! By the way, this secret entrance might be useful some day. Don't forget about it!
- to Terra in a mine shaft, after she admits she cannot remember anything
- I PREFER the term "treasure hunter"!
- When he is asked about his stealing of things.
- I would say that guy is missing a few buttons...
- about Kefka
- Terra...wait for me. I'll be back. And please, don't let a lecherous young king, who shall remain nameless, near you!
- Hey! Call me a treasure hunter, or I'll rip your lungs out!
- It's a little tight, but the price was right.
- after stealing a merchant's clothes
- These are a little large, but it'll do!
- after stealing a soldier's clothes
- Gotta get to Narshe on the fly!
- Bloody Kefka, we are your worst enemy!
- during the battle for the Esper
- YOWZA! Izzat... you!?
- to Celes in the dressing room
- That ribbon suits you.
- to Celes in the dressing room
- Not a word of this to anyone, O Shrouded One...
- to Shadow, after getting seasick
- I think I'm gonna...
- while seasick
- Hey, squidball! Don't you ever learn?
- To Ultros
- Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment with Kefka!
- I'll never let go. I promise.
- to Celes in the ending, saving her from falling
- You almost ate it trying to get that silly trinket!
- to Celes in the ending, referring to his bandana
- The rest of you wait here. I smell a rat...
- on Emperor Gestahl's proposal
- Even if it was only a little, I doubted you. But I am still your friend...
- to Celes in Albrook
(In the SNES version)
- Nuts! Gotta to get to Narshe on the fly.
(In the Gameboy Advance, iOS and Android version)
- Dammit! Gotta to get to Narshe on the fly.
Edgar Roni Figaro
- First of all, your beauty has captivated me! Second... I'm dying to know if I'm your type... I guess your ...abilities... would be a distant third.
- explaining to Terra why he is helping her
- Guess my technique's a bit rusty...
- to himself when Terra does not immediately fall for him
- You see, there are more girls here than grains of sand out there. I can't keep track of 'em all!
- when asked if harboring a runaway girl from the Empire
- He'd slit his momma's throat for a nickel!
- To party regarding Shadow in a cafe
- Look, don't you have a family? Just shut up and take it.
- speaking to a Figaro Castle merchant who refuses to take money from the King
- If something were to happen to me, all the world's women would grieve!
- When spoken to on the airship in the World of Ruin
- If it's heads, you win..... We'll choose whatever path we want, without any regrets....
- to Sabin before flipping a two-headed coin to determine the successor of Figaro
- Yeah. I got to know the gal who brought us tea. After a while she just blurted out the whole plan!
- Watch your mouth! There's ladies present! I was a perfect gentleman!
Sabin Rene Figaro
- Think a "bear" like me could help you out in your quest?
- ...That's General Leo.. He could be my friend if he weren't my enemy.
- I'm getting sick of this! Thou art such a pain in the...! Confound it all! I'm starting to talk like you!
- Kid's got quite a lip!
- No. Mr. Thou is THAT one. Over THERE!
- Talking to Gau and refering to Cyan
- Uh... Why's everyone singing?
- at the Opera House
- Big brother, I didn't abandon the kingdom. Now I know why I have these stupid muscles!
- You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?
- So, you finally hit pay dirt, eh?
- Can we really trust the Empire? I have an awful feeling about this...
- after the Imperial banquet
- Gau, how many times do I have to tell you, stop eating with your fingers?
- Leave us. The dog eats strangers...
- The reaper is always one step behind me...
- I'm working for the Empire, but don't worry, I'm not going to kill you!
- I can't help you. You must look within for answers.
- In this world are many like me who've killed their emotions. Don't forget that.
- My allegience is to the Empire. I have no right to fight with you.
- Baram! I'm going to stop running. I'm going to begin all over again...
- My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!
- upon agreeing to follow the group
- A two-headed coin..? How low can you get? I love it!
- I can't be attached to anything... otherwise I couldn't be a gambler.
- Why not? Nothing to lose but my life... and I got that for free!
- Daryl, I'm starting to sound like you.
- Nonsense! I'll win the Falcon from you when I beat you in a race around the world!
- We're gonna get us another one.... another airship, that is!
- Urgh! For the time being, I don't own the skies!
- I'm just a gambler... I just want to be left alone... This world is too chaotic for me. What's worse, I've lost my wings...
- During the World of Ruin, long after the Blackjack is demolished
- Thou art so... odd.
- I HATE Machines!
- Thou (repeated quote)
- Elayne! Owain!
- We can't have ye two prancing 'round all day!
- You licentious howler!
- You just have to show technology who's boss!
- Dear Lola, I am writing to beg for your forgiveness. I am guilty of perpetuating a terrible lie. I have only now realized the error of my ways. I hope I can correct a great wrong. Your boyfriend, who you thought was in Mobliz, passed away some time ago. I have been writing in his stead. We humans tend to allow the past to destroy our lives. I implore you not to let this happen. It is time to look forward, to rediscover love, and embrace the beauty of life. You have so much life left to live.... Cyan
- letter to Lola in the World of Ruin
- The world before the fall, Lovely is the light of dawn, Noble is the heart of man...
- I encountered Sir Gau in Maranda. He said he “Get Strong, Smash Kefka”
- I will no longer live in the past. We must all look toward the future now.
- These are…they’re…um sort of a…minor diversion of mine…
- Oh! Must thou embarrass me so?
- …Dost thou truly think so?
- Thou art…alive!?
- I shall go with thee! We must not abandon this world to Kefka!
- But…however did thou find me? W-wait! T-tell me thou did not read my letters…!
- What an intriguing apparatus!
- I love thee…I love thee more than anything
- I am Cyan Garamonde, your worst nightmare.
- Mr. Thou! Mr. Thou!
- finding Cyan's speech amusing
- You... angry... me?
- after Cyan turns away because of Gau's over-questioning
- I'm Gau! I your friend...FRIEND! I join you again!
- whenever he rejoins the party after performing his <Leap> skill, despite the fact that the party knows who he is
- Gau find short cut
- During the ending sequence
- Pretty Song!
- in the Opera House
- ...ooh...Gau...high place...not good...don't like...
- Smells like parents' house here. Why so familiar?
- after the Imperial Banquet
- Shiny, shiny! Gau like!
- Fa-ther alive…Gau H-appy
- This should be fun. When do we leave?
- I am GOGO, master of the simulacrum... My miming skills will astonish you.
- An old dude named Ramuh taught me your language, kupo! He kept showing up in my dreams and telling me to help you, kupo! So... I'm gonna help you, kupo!
- The hair! Watch the hair! I'm not a stuffed animal, kupo!
- To Edgar when he is rescued by a crane.
- I'm your boss, kupo! You're gonna join us, kupo!
- To Umaro
- Help me! Kupo!!!
- To Edgar during the ending sequence when he is about to fall into a pit.
- What a cute doggy!
- Fuddy duddy.
- Waaaaaaahhhh! I'm gonna paint your portrait!
- Say, sweetie, would you pose for a portrait?
- Who is this puffed up aerobics instructor, anyway?
- about Sabin
- You! You old fool! You're still standing?!
- Grandpa! Who are these people? Can they use magic, too?
- And what a terrible actor you are!
- to Gungho
- It's too hot out here, grandpa!
- during a silence between Locke and Celes in Thamasa
- Whatcha want with me? Espers? Espers, hmm.. haven't heard that word in a long while...
- Flames, BEGONE!
- I have a special little granddaughter!
- All of you have that sparkle in your eyes…Well, this old man’s not giving up, either!
- So full of energy! I must be the only one getting old…
- So there I was , creeping through those caves that seemed to go on forever…I finally reached the deepest, darkest cavern and there he is, right in front of me. I stared the ugly brute straight in the eye, raised my staff, and let him have it. Bam! Thwack! Pow! Right in the kisser! Oh, I wish you could’ve been there to see me…
- So I guess our town's little secret is out now...
- All right, make some room for me.
- Phooey! Emperor Gesthal's stupid orders! Edgar, you pinhead! Why do you have to live in the middle of a stinking desert?!? These recon jobs are the pits! ...AHEM! There's SAND on my boots!
- Oh, Edgar... You know you only stand to lose from trying to hide her from us! Hee-hee-hee... I truly hope nothing happens to your precious Figaro!
- Fire! Fire! Heh-heh-heh!
- Oh? Then...welcome to my barbecue! Hee-hee-hee!
- Son of a Submariner! You'll pay for this!
- Once Leo's gone, I can turn this water into a flowing river of poison! Anyone who touches it'll be pushing up daisies! Hee-hee...
- (About the prisoners of the castle his men are to poisoned) Who cares? They're the ones who were stupid enough to get caught by the enemy!
- "Wait," he says... Do I look like a waiter?
- Hee-hee... Nothing beats the sweet music of hundreds of voices screaming in unison! Uwee-hee-hee!
- I'm a god! I'm all-powerful! Uwee-hee-hee... I'll collect more Espers I'll extract their magic... And then... ... ... I'll revive the Warring Triad! I've already drained all your powers! You're useless to me now! You too! Take a hike!
- Gah! How dare they put me in a place like this! ...Hmph! I just can't believe it! What a bore.
- while imprisoned
- Read my lips - mercy is for wimps! There's a reason "oppose" rhymes with "dispose"...If they get in your way, kill them!
- Oh dear...you wanna fight me?! This is just dreadful!
- How 'bout a little Magitek mayhem?
- I don't care for the appearance of this pitiful little hamlet... So burn it!!
- This little hamlet has too much boring and not enough burning... TORCH EVERYTHING!
- I'd say you're all charged up, boys and girls...or whatever... Say, remind me to show you my Magicite collection someday! You might see a few familiar faces!!! Now for a little Magicite hocus-pocus...!
- Ooh! They're warm to the touch! What treasures!
- You really are a slow one. And always, always...ALWAYS such a little goody two-shoes!!!
- to General Leo before killing him
- Ouch! B-blood... Blood! Blood!!! You vicious brat! Argh... Grrr...! You know, you really are a stupid... Vicious... Arrogant, whiny, pampered, backstabbing, worthless... LITTLE BRAT!!!
- to Celes after she stabs him on the Floating Continent
- I hate hate hate hate hate hate... hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate HATE YOU! (Alternate version of the previous line from the original SNES translation)
- Run! Run! Or you'll be well done!
- Oh dear... Well, I guess I was a bit hasty in calling you a useless old man before... NOW you're useless!
- after killing Emperor Gestahl
- I've acquired the ultimate power! Observe...Such magnificent power! You're all nothing more than fleas compared to me now! Embrace your destruction... It is the fate of all things.
- I will destroy everything... I will create a monument to non-existence!
- Why do people insist on creating things that will inevitably be destroyed? Why do people cling to life, knowing that they must someday die? ...Knowing that none of it will have meant anything once they do?
- Why do you build, knowing destruction is inevitable? Why do you yearn to live, knowing all things must die? (Alternate version of the previous line which appears in the Anthology FMV)
- And did you all find your "somethings" in this broken world that just won't die?
- Bleh! You people make me sick! You sound like lines from a self-help book! If that's how it's going to be... I'll snuff them all out! Every last one of your sickening, happy little reasons for living!
- Hee-hee-hee! But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost?
- Life... Dreams... Hope... Where do they come from? And where do they go...? Such meaningless things... I'll destroy them all!
- The end draws near...
- Just before using his "Forsaken" attack for the first time in the GBA version.
- The end comes...beyond chaos
- Just before using his "Goner" attack for the first time in the SNES version.
- What a delicious morsel! I wanna get my tentacles around her...! (about to attack Terra)
- Gwee-hee-hee... You're up the creek without a paddle! And I'm not gonna let you through! ... Does that make me a bad octopus?
- Uwee hee hee... Game over!
- Yaaaouch! Seafood soup! (after being burned)
- Seafood soup is NOT on the menu! (an alternate version to the above line in FFVI Advance)
- Muscle heads? Hate 'em! (referring to Sabin)
- Uh, well, Mom always said I was a slow learner... but I eat FAST!!
- Oh, all right, Uncle Ulty REALLY wants you to paint his portrait!
- Silence Knave! You are in the presence of octopus royalty! A lowborn thug like you could never defeat me!
- I have more lives than I do arms!
- Well, whadduya want I should do?
- I'm nothing more than a stupid octopus! (After seeing his portrait)
- Look at me! I'm a receptionist! G'fa, ha, ha! (in the Colosseum in the World of Ruin)
- Imp! Pal! Buddy! (about to use his "Imp Song" spell)
- I owe you one, so I'm gonna jam up your opera! (in a letter at the Opera House)
- Mwa ha ha! Let's see if Maria can shrug THIS off!
- Long time no see! You've changed! Did ya miss me?
- I ain't no garden-variety octopus!
- Don't tease the octopus, kids!
- N'ghaaa! This is heavier than I thought! It'll take me 5 minutes to drop it! (referring to the four-ton weight in the opera scene)
- You must hate it when I show up...Too bad!
- You called?
- Havin' fun yet?
- Thwarted again! I feel like such a sucker. Well, kids, hate to ink and run...... but I AM an octopus!
- You know, just the other day I was taking a snooze, when he came along and decided to start gnawing on my head. Let me tell ya, the guy's got sharp teeth! (Referring to Typhon)
- I'd try not to make him mad... He gets hungry when he's irritated. (Referring to Typhon)
- He's not so great with words, but his strength'll blow you away! Heh-heh... (Referring to Typhon)
- Looks like I lose again! But today I brought along a buddy of mine! Mr. Typhon! Come on down!!! (Referring to Typhon)
- I know what you're thinking... "Man, that was cheap"! So sorry, so sorry...
(after casting two spells at once in the Esper Mines)
- Albrook/Alburg resident: How can you make a Gil in a world like this?
- Banon/Bannan: Once, when people were pure and innocent, there was a box they were told never to open. But one man went and opened it anyway. He unleashed all the evils of the world: envy... greed... pride... violence... control... All that was left in the box was a single ray of light: Hope. We now confront those evils... And you are that last ray of light, our only hope...
- Cid: Wow! All of a sudden I have a granddaughter!
- Chadarnook/Chadnook: G'fu, fu, fu...Who're these numbskulls? No one...NO ONE...is going to remove me from this fine new painting!!
- before attacking the party in Owzer's Mansion
- Dadaluma: Good day, fine sirs, how may I be of service? I hate fighting so I better let you pass!
- attacks party
- Duncan: The Earth yawned open to take me, but I scrambled to safety!
- Figaro Guard: Kefka's "One shy of a six pack!"
- Figaro Guard (FFVI Advance): I hear that some fanatical members of the Cult of Kefka insist on spelling Kefka's name with Cs instead of Ks. That just seems silly to me. Kefka's Kefka. He's still the same villain, no matter how you spell his name.
(FFVI fan translation features the villain's name as Cefca.)
- General Leo: Shut up, Kefka. I oughta....
- last words
- Gestahl/Gastra: Soldiers of the Empire! We stand at the dawn of a new age! The lost power of magic has returned to us! We are the chosen ones!
- Gestahl/Gastra: Celes, child... You alone are special. Why don't I give you and Kefka the task of creating progeny to populate my new Magitek Empire?
- Gestahl/Gastra: I'm simply going to put you to sleep using the very power you unleashed! What's so funny? Well then, it's only suitable that you fall asleep laughing!
- To Kefka on the Floating Continent
- Imperial soldier: Returner Scum!
- Imperial soldier: Hey, you! You're Returners!
- Imperial soldier: Scram, you blockhead.
- Imperial soldier: I'm not buying anything!
- Imperial soldier: Three cheers for the Empire!
- Imperial soldier: I oppose peace!
- Kaiser Dragon/CzarDragon: Humans and their unsatiable greed... Your lust for power always leads to a lust of blood... This place is a sanctuary for wayward souls... What business have you filthy creatures here? You slaughter my bretheren, and befoul their rest with the profanity of your continued existence... You should not have come here. In the name of all dragonkind, I shall grant you the death you so desire. I am the dealer of destruction... I am the font from which fear springs... I am Kaiser... And your time is at an end.
- Kaiser Dragon is encountered in an extra dungeon which only exists in the Gameboy Advance release of the game, he was planned to be in the SNES version as CzarDragon but was cut)
- Mayor of Thamasa: Magic is forbidden!
- Mayor of Thamasa: Welcome! Magic? What is this Magic?
- Maranda/Miranda Citizen: A knight came here recently... He was amazing! But his heart was full of chaos... When he can cope with the pain, he'll be the mightiest warrior alive.
- Mobliz/Molbriz kid: I wanna see Katrin's baby!
- Narshe/Narche/Nalch guards: Mashine-riding self-important swine! Take this!
- Narshe/Narche/Nalch resident: Narshe is a neutral city.! We want no war here, but that %#$@& Empire won't listen!
- Narshe/Narche/Nalch resident: Magic? Pshaw, what nonsense!
- Old man: Deathgaze? I'd rather take an acid bath than fight that thing!
- Rachel: I have to go now... ...I'll always love you... You must now cast off the anguish you've been harboring inside for so long.. Today I set your heart free. You must learn to love yourself again, and regain your self respect. ...... Phoenix! Be reborn again!! And give your power... to Locke!!
- last words to Locke, after she is resurrected by the Phoenix and dies again
- Ramuh/Ramah: Gestahl's methods are incorrect. You can't drain a live Esper of all its power. It is only when we are reduced to Magicite that our abilities can be transferred in total...
- South Figaro Resident: We may be thieves, but at least we have goals in life!
- South Figaro Kid: Clang! Clang! Clang! Clang! I'm Magitek Armor!
- South Figaro Resident: If the "Light of Judgement" burns down our town 100 times, we'll rebuild it 200 times! Wait, does that even make sense?
- Thief in Zozo: Zozo!? Never heard of it.
- Thief in Zozo: Great people, here!
- Ultima Buster/Atma: I am the one known as Ultima... Forged an eternity ago and left here... Forgotten in the mists of time... Long have I pondered what I should do... Long, long have I pondered... But now it seems I have an answer...
- Ultima Weapon/AtmaWeapon: My name is Ultima... I am power both ancient and unrivaled... I do not bleed, for I am but strength given form... Feeble creatures of flesh, your time is nigh!
- Siegfried/Ziegfried: Aha! The ox bellows! Allow me to introduce my blade!
- Siegfried/Ziegfried: Ha, ha, ha. Give up?
- Arvis: Took you long enough! Busy with all that robbing and plundering, I presume?
- Locke: I prefer the term "treasure hunting"!
- Arvis: Ha! Semantic nonsense!
- Locke: There's a huge difference! Anyway, is there something you need me to do?
- Arvis: There is indeed. ...I met the girl.
- Locke: ...!? You don't mean...?
- Arvis: The city guard is pursuing her as we speak. This city has the strength to stand up to the Empire, but it won't use it. The people are just too stubbornly independent to join an underground resistance group like the Returners. I tried to explain that the Empire was controlling the girl, but they wouldn't even listen...
- Locke: All right... So, you want me to get her out of Narshe?
- Arvis: That would be the idea. Make your way to Figaro for the time being...
- Cyan: This is the Phantom Train. It carries the departed to the other side.
- Sabin: Wait! I don't want to go THERE!
- [dining aboard the Phantom Train...]
- Sabin: [pounding the table] Food! Food! Bring me everything you've got!
- [Sabin is served by the ghost of a waiter]
- Cyan: It this train's food tr-truly safe to eat?
- Sabin: What are you worried about? Can't wage war on an empty stomach!
- Cyan: ... Do what thou wilt, sir. I'm sure there is no stopping
- Sabin: Whew! I'm stuffed! Shall we get moving?
- Gau: Gau's treasure...shiny, shiny! Shiny, shiny, shiny!!!
- Sabin: ...Can anything be THAT shiny?
- Terra: When Locke and I escaped he fiddled with something right around here.
- Edgar: Knowing him there's probably some hidden switch around here.
- [aboard the Blackjack]
- Locke: I can't believe this clunky old thing can fly... You sure it'll stay in the air?
- Setzer: When things fall, they fall... Life's a game of chance. You play your cards, and Fate plays hers...
- Relm: What's wrong, lover boy?
- Edgar: ...How old are you?
- Relm: Ten... Why? Weirdo. I'm going on ahead, okay?
- Edgar: Not even a lady yet... Here's hoping you're still around in eight years, kid.
- Ultros: Looks like I lose again! But today I brought along a buddy of mine! Mr. Typhon! Come on down!
- [Typhon appears]
- Typhon: Fungahhh!
- Ultros: He's not so great with words, but his strength'll blow you away! Heh-heh...I'd try not to make him mad... He gets hungry when he's irritated.
- Edgar: Several years and the little shrimp's grown into a whopping lobster!
- Sabin: And you're a king crab!
- Locke: Edgar, what's the matter? You look positively spooked!
- Edgar: Dddddddid you see what I just saw?
- Locke: Yeah, this kid seems loaded for bear.
- Edgar: She's amazing! That was Magic! M-A-G-I-C!
- Locke: M M M M M M M M M M M M M MAGIC?!
- Both: Pswswpswswpswswpsw.
- Strago: Go to your room!
- Relm: I will not! What a fussy old man!
- Strago: Alright, if you insist.
- Relm: That's better!
- [On the Blackjack, after the banquet]
- Cid: Wow, what a ship!
- Setzer: That landing really messed up the engine. It'll take a while to fix...
- Cid: I'll help. No machine can stump me!
- Setzer: Don't touch anything!
- Cid: Go kill time in the casino! I can speed this crate up!
- [In the Japanese version, Cid claims that he can speed the ship up by removing the casino, which is what angered Setzer]
- Setzer: ...... You little...!! Get outta my sight!
- Cid: But I could really make this thing hum...!
- [Cid leaves]
- Terra: You love this ship, more than anything, huh?
- Setzer: Actually, when I was young there was something I was mad about...
- Terra: ...huh?
- Setzer: In my youth I dreamed of having the world's fastest airship.
- Terra: You mean......
- Setzer: At that time there was a young girl who piloted the Falcon, the fastest vessel ever made. Sometimes we were the worst of rivals...but other times we were the best of friends. We always egged each other on to go faster and higher. When she disappeared along with her ship...I felt like I lost my spirit.
- Setzer: ...Poor Daryl...
- Strago: Relm! Is that you, my dear? You're alive!
- Relm: Idiot! Of course I'm alive!
- Strago: Oh, I'm so happy...
- Relm: Did you think I was gonna check out before you, old man?
- Strago: You're as foul mouthed as ever, bless your heart!
- Leo: Having trouble sleeping? I hear your emotions have returned...
- Terra: ...It's strange, isn't it? The Empire used me, controlled my very thoughts...and now here I am, cooperating with the same people.
- Leo: People are people. Not everyone in the Empire is like Kefka.
- Terra: So...what about you?
- Leo: I knew that you were half esper and being made to suffer through horrible experiments... Yet I did nothing. I'm no better than Kefka.
- Terra: If a human and an esper can love one another... Do you think a human and I could love each other?
- Leo: Of course!
- Terra: But... I don't even know what it feels like to love someone.
- Leo: You're still young. ...Someday you'll know. I'm sure of it.
Welcome, friends! I knew you'd make it here, so I've prepared some suitable entertainment for you!
How long are you going to let the destruction continue?
Kefka: I've tapped into the ultimate power. Observe...!
Kefka: Such magnificent power! You are like insects to me!
Kefka: I will exterminate everyone, and everything!
People will keep rebuilding the things you take from them!
Kefka: Then I'll destroy those too. Kefka: Why do people rebuild things they know are going to be destroyed? Kefka: Why do people cling to life when they know they can't live forever? Kefka: Think how meaningless each of your lives is!
It's not the net result of one's life that's important! It's the day-to-day concerns, the personal victories, and the celebration of life... and love! It's enough if people are able to experience the joy that each day can bring!
Kefka: And have you found your "joy" in this nearly dead world of ours?
Terra: I know what love is...!
Locke: And I have learned to celebrate life... and the living.
Cyan: My family lives on inside of me.
Shadow: I know what friendship is... and family...
Edgar: It is my dream to build a kingdom in which I can guarantee freedom and dignity.
Sabin: I have come to experience anew the love of my brother...
Celes: I've met someone who can accept me for what I am.
Strago: I have a special little Granddaughter!
Relm: And I have a brave Grandpa who'll stand by me through it all.
Setzer: My friend's airship... and her love!
Mog: I have my friends here!
Gau: You my friends! Me uwaooo all of you!
Kefka: This is sickening... You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet! Kefka: Prepare yourselves!
Kefka: Now, for my next trick, I will make you all... disappear!
Kefka, you don't know what you're doing! Stop!
Kefka: I command the greatest power in the universe! Kefka: You are all helpless before me!
Kefka: I will destroy everything... I will create a monument to non-existence!
Life will go on! There will always be people, and dreams!
Kefka: No! I will hunt them down. I will destroy it all! Destroy! Destroy! Destroy!!
We will not allow you to harm another living thing.
Kefka: Hee, hee, hee!! But what fun is destruction if no "precious" lives are lost?
It's over, Kefka!
The West and the East were waging war...
Draco, the West's great hero, thinks of his love, Maria.
Is she safe? Is she waiting...?
Oh Maria! Oh Maria!
Please, hear my voice!
How I long to be with you!
The forces of the West fell, and Maria's castle was taken.
Prince Ralse, of the East, took her hand by force.
But she never stopped yearning for Draco...
Oh my hero, so far away now.
Will I ever see your smile?
Love goes away, like night into day.
It's just a fading dream.
I'm the darkness, you're the stars.
Our love is brighter than the sun.
For eternity, for me there can be,
Only you, my chosen one...
Must I forget you? Our solemn promise?
Will autumn take the place of spring?
What shall I do? I'm lost without you.
Speak to me once more!
Come, Maria. Follow my lead.
Ha ha ha ha...
We must part now, my life goes on.
But my heart won't give you up.
Ere I walk away, let me hear you say
I meant as much to you....
So gently, you touched my heart.
I will be forever yours.
Come what may, I won't age a day,
I'll wait for you, always...
Prince Ralse is looking for a dance partner.
Leave the past behind.
Our kingdom is adopting the spirit of the East.
The survivors of the West attack!
Draco, I've waited so long.
I knew you'd come.
Maria will finally have to become my queen!
For the rest of my life, I'll keep you near...
It's a duel!