Flipper (1996 film)
Flipper is a 1996 action-packed fantasy adventure film remake of the 1963 film of the same name, starring Paul Hogan and Elijah Wood. The movie is about a boy who has to spend the summer with his Uncle Porter (Paul Hogan), who lives in Florida Keys. Although he expects to have another boring summer, he encounters an orphaned dolphin which he names Flipper and with whom he forms a friendship.
- Sandy: You're lucky, a hurricane on your first visit.
- Dirk: I ought to teach you a lesson.
- Uncle Porter: I'd like that. I have a thirst for knowledge; teach me.
- Uncle Porter: You're going to have to use your brain which is going to hurt because it's the weakest muscle in your body.
- Sandy: What do you want? I'm from Chicago, it's not like there were street signs.
- Sandy: I've been smoking up a storm. Uncle Porter lets me drink all the beer I want, he also knows a lot of loose women.
- Uncle Porter: A piece of advice, Never hurl in front of your woman. Something to live by.
- This summer it's finally safe to go back in the water.
- Sandy thought he was in for another boring summer. Instead, he got the adventure of a lifetime.
- Paul Hogan - Porter Ricks
- Elijah Wood - Sandy Ricks
- Jessica Wesson - Kim
- Johnathan Banks - Dirk Moran
- Bill Kelley - Tommy
- Chelsea Field - Cathy
- Issac Hayes - Sheriff Buck Cowan
- Jason Fuchs - Marvin
- Robert Deacon - Bounty Fisherman #1
- Ann Carey - Fisherman's Wife
- Mark Casella - Bounty Fisherman #2
- Luke Halpin - Bounty Fisherman #3