Florence Foster Jenkins
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
|This woman article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- People may say I can't sing, but no one can ever say I didn't sing.
- Attributed without citation in Vernon Alfred Howard, Charm and Speed: Virtuosity in the Performing Arts (2008), p. 129.
Quotes about Florence Foster Jenkins
- Mrs. Jenkins could dream if she could not sing.
- "Music: Dreamer" Time (November 19, 1934).
- Critics have long wondered whether Coloratura Jenkins' art can be described as singing at all. But she will intrepidly attack any aria, scale its altitudes in great swoops and hoots, assaying its descending trills with the vigor of a maudlin cuckoo.
- "Music: Recital Mill" Time (November 2, 1942).
- She never knew how bad she was.
- St. Clair Bayfield, quoted in George Keller, "The Music Box for Music Lovers: Florence Foster Jenkins" The Morning Call (1945-06-23): 17.
- Bayfield was Jenkins's longtime partner.