The Fodder Scam is a major corruption scandal in the Bihar state of India in the 1980s involving embezzlement of billions of rupees from Government treasury. Investigation of the scam resulted in the conviction and imprisonment of the then Bihar Chief Minister Lalu Prasad Yadav and former chief minister Jagannath Mishra. The scam had such magnitude and ramifications that its Investigation still continued after 2020s. Unraveling of the scam exposed serious loopholes in checks and balances in Government expenditure and audit mechanism.
- Lalu is not guilty in people's court.
- Lalu's son Tejashwi Yadav on his father's conviction in Fodder scam, Times of India, 15 February 2022
- I will RJD Party with my son, just like Congress Party is being run by Rahul - Sonia.
- This is not the last judgment. High Court and Supreme Court are there.
- Lalu's son Tejashwi Yadav when his father's appeal was rejected by court : Times of India, 21 February 2022