Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (When asked if he would apologise for the Anti-Sikh riots) The fact of the matter is that innocent people died in 1984 and innocent people dying is a horrible thing and should not happen. The difference between Gujarat and 1984 was that the Government of Gujarat was involved in the riots. [...] I think that riots, as all riots, were a horrible event. Frankly I was not in operation in the Congress party.
- I would not have been here if I was not from a political family.
- Quoted in The Dynasty: Born to Rule by Sunita Aron Sunita Aron (2016)
- Politics is everywhere. It’s in your shirt, it’s in your pants. It’s everywhere.
- Rahul Gandhi says politics is in your shirt, in your pants, Rahul Gandhi
- What is happening to human resources in Punjab. 7 out of 10 youth have the problem of drugs.
- Quoted from Rediff News 7 out of 10 youths in Punjab have drug problem: Rahul
- In India, we have a concept of caste. It has a concept of escape velocity. If one belongs to a backward caste and wants to attain success then one needs an escape velocity to attain that success. Dalits in this country need the escape velocity of Jupiter to attain success.
- Every situation that Indian person finds himself in is extremely complex. We have to deal with the red lights. As young leaders here have to deal with senior leaders, suddenly someone disrupts your entire life. Everything happens, sort of, according to your karma; it’s all random.
- Rahul Gandhi says 'Stop asking politicians, do things on your own', Rahul Gandhi
- Poverty is a state of mind.
- If you go back a hundred, two hundred years, you would find that India is energy; it is a force. If you go back a thousand years, two thousand years, you would find that force came from our rivers: Ganga, Yamuna, Saraswati. We worshiped these rivers and the reason we worshiped these rivers was because that is where our energy came from, and everything we had was built on these rivers. Now, we have gone way beyond that. We have built structures that are allowing this energy to rise, to explode.
- Wall Street Journal Speech by Rahul Gandhi
- There are people doing yoga in New York, dancing around, that’s the power of India. You go to a nightclub somewhere in Spain and there’s Amitabh Bachchan on the screen there, dancing around. That’s the power of India. That’s the power of Indian people.
- Wall Street Journal, WSJ
- Ambedkar was the first person to attain escape velocity and run away to US.
- Times of India, Times of India
- India is the Saudi Arabia of human resources for the 21st century. The power that we used to get from oil in 20th century, we will get it from people like you in 21st century.
- Rahul Gandhi: India is going to be 21st century Saudi Arabia, Rahul Gandhi
- You should stop asking your politicians how they’re gonna do it.
- (After terrorist attacks in Mumbai) Terrorism is impossible to be stopped at all time. We will stop 99% of the attacks; 1% of the attacks will get through. You feel US has stopped all terrorist attacks? US is currently involved in Afghanistan and Iraq, where there are attacks every single day. On them. Not in US, but on them. The war has moved.
- See, there is a tendency to look at India as a country.
- If India is computer, Congress is its default program.
- If India is computer, Cong is its default program: Rahul Gandhi, Times of India, Times of India
- China is referred to as the ‘dragon’ and India as an ‘elephant’. But we are not an elephant, we are a ‘beehive’.
- NDTV NDTV
- We have to provide the roads on which our dreams are paved. And these roads can’t have potholes, they can’t break down in six months. They have to be big roads because they are going to carry strong people, they are going to carry strong forces.
- Wall Street Journal, WSJ
- Modi has anger inside him and he has got anger for everybody not only for me. I attract that anger because he sees a threat in me. His anger is his problem, not my problem.
- NewIndianExpress, NewIndianExpress
About Rahul Gandhi
- Responding to the Ambassador's query about Lashkar-e-Taiba's activities in the region and immediate threat to India, Gandhi said there was evidence of some support for the group among certain elements in India's indigenous Muslim community. However, Gandhi warned, the bigger threat may be the growth of radicalized Hindu groups, which create religious tensions and political confrontations with the Muslim community.