|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- You look closely enough, you'll find that everything has a weak spot where it can break, sooner or later.
- Detective Flores: It's a thing. It does stuff.
- Willy Beachum: I'm not going to play any games with you.
- Ted Crawford: I'm afraid you have to, old sport.
- Ted Crawford: You know, my grandfather was an egg farmer.
- Willy Beachum: This isn't going to be about your "rough childhood", is it?
- Ted Crawford: No, I used to candle eggs at his farm. Do you know what that is? You hold an egg up to the light of a candle and you look for imperfections. The first time I did it, he told me to put all the eggs that were cracked or flawed into a bucket for the bakery. And he came back an hour later, and there were 300 eggs in the bakery bucket. He asked me what the hell I was doing. I found a flaw in every single one of them – you know, thin places in the shell; fine, hairline cracks. You look closely enough, you'll find that everything has a weak spot where it can break, sooner or later.
- Willy Beachum: You looking for mine?
- Ted Crawford: I've already found yours.
- Willy Beachum: What is it?
- Ted Crawford: You're a winner, Willy.
- Willy Beachum: Yeah. Well, I guess the joke's on me then, isn't it?
- Ted Crawford: You bet your ass, old sport.
- [Crawford has revealed that Nunally was having an affair with his wife]
- Willy Beachum: This is getting out of hand, Your Honour. He just provoked my witness with an outrageous allegation …
- Ted Crawford: My Dick has evidence.
- Judge Robinson: Excuse me?
- Ted Crawford: My Dick, my private investigator. I call him Dick. Perhaps I should call him as a rebuttal witness, because since the tragedy, he's dug up hotel records and witnesses that confirm that my wife and Mr. Nunally were having an affair. My Dick is good.
- Willy Beachum: This man is going to kill his wife.
- Nikki Gardner: And what does that have to do with Wooton Sims?
- [Willy stares at her for a long time, increasingly disgusted]