Fracture (2007 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
If you look close enough, you'll find everyone has a weak spot.
- Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
- You look closely enough, you'll find that everything has a weak spot where it can break, sooner or later.
- Detective Flores: It's a thing. It does stuff.
- Judge Gardner: You know what nobody understands about certain kinds of low-pay public service work, every now and then you get put a fucking stake in a bad guy's heart. I'm not supposed to talk about that when I visit third grade classes for career day and it doesn't get you very far in the country club locker room, but it's hard to beat when you actually get to do it.
- Willy Beachum: I'm not going to play any games with you.
- Ted Crawford: I'm afraid you have to, old sport.
- Ted Crawford: You know, my grandfather was an egg farmer.
- Willy Beachum: This isn't going to be about your "rough childhood", is it?
- Ted Crawford: No, I used to candle eggs at his farm. Do you know what that is? You hold an egg up to the light of a candle and you look for imperfections. The first time I did it, he told me to put all the eggs that were cracked or flawed into a bucket for the bakery. And he came back an hour later, and there were 300 eggs in the bakery bucket. He asked me what the hell I was doing. I found a flaw in every single one of them – you know, thin places in the shell; fine, hairline cracks. You look closely enough, you'll find that everything has a weak spot where it can break, sooner or later.
- Willy Beachum: You looking for mine?
- Ted Crawford: I've already found yours.
- Willy Beachum: What is it?
- Ted Crawford: You're a winner, Willy.
- Willy Beachum: Yeah. Well, I guess the joke's on me then, isn't it?
- Ted Crawford: You bet your ass, old sport.
- [Crawford has revealed that Nunally was having an affair with his wife]
- Willy Beachum: This is getting out of hand, Your Honour. He just provoked my witness with an outrageous allegation …
- Ted Crawford: My Dick has evidence.
- Judge Robinson: Excuse me?
- Ted Crawford: My Dick, my private investigator. I call him Dick. Perhaps I should call him as a rebuttal witness, because since the tragedy, he's dug up hotel records and witnesses that confirm that my wife and Mr. Nunally were having an affair. My Dick is good.
- Willy Beachum: This man is going to kill his wife.
- Nikki Gardner: And what does that have to do with Wooton Sims?
- [Willy stares at her for a long time, increasingly disgusted]
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|