Frankenweenie (2012 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Frankweenie is a 2012 American 3D stop-motion-animated fantasy horror comedy film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
- Science is not good or bad, Victor. But it can be used both ways. That is why you must always be careful.
- Back home, everyone is scientist. Even my plumber wins Nobel Prize. Your country does not make enough scientist. Always needs more. You should be a scientist, Victor.
- [to Sparky's lifeless body after resuscitation attempt] It's okay, boy. You don't have to come back. You'll always be in my heart.
- Victor: I was doing my experiment, my project, and the first time it worked great. But the next time it didn't. I mean, it sort of worked, but then it didn't. And I don't know why.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Then maybe you never really understood it the first time. People think science is here [pointing to head] but it is also here. [pointing to chest] The first time, did you love your experiment?
- Victor: Yes.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Ah. And the second time?
- Victor: No. I just wanted it over.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Then you changed the variables.
- Bob: [frantically] Victor! I... I need your help.
- Victor: Did you see those things? They were like...
- Bob: Sea Monkeys! You know how on the package, they're like, in a happy kingdom, and everyone's smiling?
- Victor: Yeah?
- Bob: They're not like that at all.
- Toshiaki: [running up] Victor! I need your help.
- Bob: I asked him first!
- Toshiaki: My problem bigger! [pointing behind him and sounds of thundering footsteps and roaring. Camera pans to show a giant dinosaur-tortoise mutant stomping down the street]
- Bob: Yeah, he's right.
- Mayor: As mayor of New Holland, you have entrusted me with your safety. So I can't sit idly, while a teacher *endangers* our children.
- Bob's Mom: [referring to Mr. Rzykruski] The man is a menace!
- New Holland Townsfolk: She's right. He's crazy!
- New Holland Townsfolk II: Have you looked through this science book they're using? Apparently, Pluto isn't good enough to be a planet any more. When I was a kid, Pluto was a great planet. This guy comes along, and rewrites the rules!
- Mrs. Frankenstien: In fairness, he didn't write the textbook.
- Victor: Where's Mr. Rzykruski?
- Gym Teacher: All I know is I'll be teaching the class for the rest of the semester.
- Elsa Van Helsing: Do you know anything about science?
- Gym Teacher: I know more than you do.
- Bob: Mr. Rzykruski knew a lot.
- Gym Teacher: Well, sometimes knowing too much is the problem.
- Victor: What about the science fair?
- Gym Teacher: Oh, it's still on, but it will be judged by someone who's not insane: Me!
- Charlie Tahan as Victor Frankenstein
- Martin Short as Edward Frankenstein, Nassor, Mayor Bergermeister
- Catherine O’Hara as Susan Frankenstein, Gym Teacher, Weird Girl
- Martin Landau as Mr. Rzykruski,
- Winona Ryder as Elsa van Helsing
- Frank Welker as Sparky, Sea Monkeys
- Dee Bradley Baker as Persephone, Shelly, Colossus
- Michael Welch as Mr. Whiskers
- Atticus Shaffer as Edgar "E" Gore
- Robert Capron as Bob
- Conchata Ferrell as Bob's mom
- James Hiroyuki Liao as Toshiaki
- Tom Kenny as New Holland Townsfolk
- Christopher Lee as Dracula (in stock footage from Dracula).