Frankenweenie (2012 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Frankweenie is a 2012 American 3D stop-motion-animated fantasy horror comedy film directed by Tim Burton and produced by Walt Disney Pictures.
- Science is not good or bad, Victor. But it can be used both ways. That is why you must always be careful.
- Back home, everyone is scientist. Even my plumber wins Nobel Prize. Your country does not make enough scientist. Always needs more. You should be a scientist, Victor.
- [to Sparky's lifeless body after resuscitation attempt] It's okay, boy. You don't have to come back. You'll always be in my heart.
- Victor: I was doing my experiment, my project, and the first time it worked great. But the next time it didn't. I mean, it sort of worked, but then it didn't. And I don't know why.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Then maybe you never really understood it the first time. People think science is here [pointing to head] but it is also here. [pointing to chest] The first time, did you love your experiment?
- Victor: Yes.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Ah. And the second time?
- Victor: No. I just wanted it over.
- Mr. Rzykruski: Then you changed the variables.
- Bob: [frantically] Victor! I... I need your help.
- Victor: Did you see those things? They were like...
- Bob: Sea Monkeys! You know how on the package, they're like, in a happy kingdom, and everyone's smiling?
- Victor: Yeah?
- Bob: They're not like that at all.
- Toshiaki: [running up] Victor! I need your help.
- Bob: I asked him first!
- Toshiaki: My problem bigger! [pointing behind him and sounds of thundering footsteps and roaring. Camera pans to show a giant dinosaur-tortoise mutant stomping down the street]
- Bob: Yeah, he's right.
- Mayor: As mayor of New Holland, you have entrusted me with your safety. So I can't sit idly, while a teacher *endangers* our children.
- Bob's Mom: [referring to Mr. Rzykruski] The man is a menace!
- New Holland Townsfolk: She's right. He's crazy!
- New Holland Townsfolk II: Have you looked through this science book they're using? Apparently, Pluto isn't good enough to be a planet any more. When I was a kid, Pluto was a great planet. This guy comes along, and rewrites the rules!
- Mrs. Frankenstien: In fairness, he didn't write the textbook.
- Victor: Where's Mr. Rzykruski?
- Gym Teacher: All I know is I'll be teaching the class for the rest of the semester.
- Elsa Van Helsing: Do you know anything about science?
- Gym Teacher: I know more than you do.
- Bob: Mr. Rzykruski knew a lot.
- Gym Teacher: Well, sometimes knowing too much is the problem.
- Victor: What about the science fair?
- Gym Teacher: Oh, it's still on, but it will be judged by someone who's not insane: Me!
- Charlie Tahan as Victor Frankenstein, a young scientist who brings his dog (and best friend) Sparky back to life.
- Martin Short as Edward Frankenstein, Victor's father; Nassor, Toshiaki's partner and Victor's other rival-like former enemy, who has a flat head inspired by Frankenstein's monster and whose voice and face resemble that of Boris Karloff; and Mr. Bergermeister, the grumpy Mayor of New Holland, the Frankensteins' next-door neighbor and Elsa's uncle. He is also a homage to the villainous Burgermeister Meisterburger from the Rankin/Bass film Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town.
- Catherine O'Hara as Susan Frankenstein, Victor's mother; Gym Teacher, an unnamed teacher who replaced Mr. Rzykruski; and Weird Girl, an eccentric girl who is one of Victor's classmates and obsessed with the psychic predictions of her cat, Mr. Whiskers
- Martin Landau as Mr. Rzykruski, the eccentric but wise science teacher at Victor's school who speaks in a thick Eastern European accent. His teachings inspire Victor's effort to resurrect Sparky, and he acts as a mentor to Victor. The character was inspired by Burton's childhood icon, Vincent Price.
- Winona Ryder as Elsa van Helsing, a kind next-door neighbor, and one of Victor's classmates.
- Frank Welker as Sparky, Sea Creatures
- Dee Bradley Baker as Persephone; Shelly; and Colossus.
- Michael Welch as Mr. Whiskers
- Atticus Shaffer as Edgar "E" Gore, a hunch-backed child (inspired by Igor) and one of Victor's classmates. He's the first to know of Victor's success in bringing Sparky back to life.
- Robert Capron as Bob, an obese boy who is one of Victor's classmates.
- Conchata Ferrell as Bob's mother, an obese and stereotypical suburban housewife who dotes upon her son. She believes in the status quo, and that her misguided actions are in Bob's best interest.
- James Hiroyuki Liao as Toshiaki, Victor's rival-like former enemy and one of his classmates.
- Tom Kenny as Fire Chief; Soldier; and Man in Crowd
- Christopher Lee as Dracula (in stock footage from Dracula).