Free Willy is a 1993 family film directed by Simon Wincer, and released by Warner Bros. under its Family Entertainment label. The film stars Jason James Richter as a young boy who befriends a Killer Whale.
- Let's free Willy!
- Dwight, shut up and leave me alone!
- I'm sick of this place! I'm going to find my mom!
- Perry: They looking for me?
- Jesse: Nah.
- Randolph: 300 years ago, there were so many fish in the water. My people only had to spend one day a week gathering food, and everybody ate like kings.
- Jesse: So what'd they do the rest of the time?
- Randolph: Carved and painted totems, made music, told stories. Made babies.
- Jesse: Sounds good to me.
- Jesse: So how much are they paying you to be my jailer?
- Glenn: Jailer, huh? Yeah well, I'm making such a great deal on you, you wouldn't believe it. You're a regular cash cow, kid. With that, plus $1,000,000, I guess I could probably retire by the time I'm 300 years old.
- Dial: God, I hate that whale!
- Jesse: [knocking on the door] Randolph! Randolph, wake up! Randolph, wake up! Randolph, wake up! Wake up! Wake up! [Randolph opens the door] There's a hole in Willy's tank. [Jesse and Randolph enter the tank] They're trying to kill Willy!
- Randolph: Was Wade with them?
- Jesse: Yeah, and they dropped this!
- Randolph: It's part of the tank. Dial's trying to collect the insurance money. Willy's worth a million dollars.
- Jesse: A million dollars? Randolph, let's free him.
- Randolph: What?
- Jesse: Let's free Willy! We can take him down at the bay and put him back in the water.
- Randolph: I never liked this job anyway.
- Dial: Nobody steals a whale.
- Wade: (on phone) But I'm telling you the whale is gone. The trailer's out of there, the forklift's been moved. That big–mouthed trainer and that Indian must've done it.
- Dial: This is a disaster.
- Wade: Why?
- Dial: (realizing about the whale that Jesse, Rae and Randolph took) Because we don't have theft insurance on the whale, that's WHY! Call Wilson. Tell him to bring his crew down.
- (Glen tells them where to find the winch to free his trapped truck to Randolph's amazement)
- Randolph: Behind the seat? That's the only place I didn't look.
- A 12 year old street kid. A 3 ton orca whale. A friendship you could never imagine. An adventure you'll never forget.
- How far would you go for a friend?
- Jason James Richter as Jesse
- Lori Petty as Rae Lindley
- Jayne Atkinson as Annie Greenwood
- August Schellenberg as Randolph Johnson
- Michael Madsen as Glen Greenwood
- Michael Ironside as Dial
- Keiko the Orca as Willy
- Mykelti Williamson as Dwight Mercer
- Danielle Harris as Gwenie
- Richard Riehle as Wade
- Michael Bacall as Perry
- Isaiah Malone as Vector
- Nick Gardner as Juan Pedro Gimenez
- Alec Nichols as Jesus Gonzales