Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.
- One can only really travel if one lets oneself go and takes what every place brings without trying to turn it into a healthy private pattern of one's own and I suppose that is the difference between travel and tourism.
- To awaken quite alone in a strange town, is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.
- Baghdad Sketches
- There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do.
- The Journey's Echo (1963), p. 161.
- Encyclopedic article on Freya Stark on Wikipedia