Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed and written by Tom Holland.
There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark. (taglines)
- [meeting Peter Vincent] Mr. Vincent. I've seen all of your films. And I found them... very amusing.
- What's the matter, Charley? Afraid I'd never come over without being invited first? [Charley's mother laughs] You're right. You're quite right. Of course, uh, now that I've been made welcome I'll probably drop by quite a bit. In fact, anytime I feel like it.
- Now we wouldn't want to wake your mother, would we Charley? Then I'd have to kill her too. RIGHT? [tosses Charley across his room, before grabbing him up by his throat] Do you realize how much trouble you've caused me? Spying on me, almost disturbing my sleep this afternoon, telling policemen about me! You deserve to die, boy. Of course, I could give you something I don't have. A choice. Forget about me, Charley. Forget about me, and I'll forget about you. What do you say, Charley? [Charley pulls out a small cross but Jerry crushes Charley's wrist, making him drop it] Fool!
- Welcome to Fright Night... for real!
- [last words] Amy!
- [as a vampire, trying to trick Charley] What's wrong? Don't you want me anymore? [Charley pulls out a crucifix and she hides her face; crying] It's not my fault, Charley. You promised you wouldn't let him get me! You promised!
Evil Ed Thompson
- Oh, you're so cool, Brewster!
- Charley Brewster: Look, Detective Lennox, Jerry Dandridge is vampire!
- Detective Lennox: Yeah, sure, and I'm Dirty Harry! Now let me tell you something, kid. If I ever catch your ass down at the station house again, I'm throwing it in jail FOREVER!
- Peter Vincent: I have just been fired because nobody wants to see vampire killers any more, or vampires either. Apparently all they want are demented madmen, running around in ski masks, hacking up young virgins.
- Charley Brewster: I believe in vampires.
- Peter Vincent: That's nice. If only there had been more of you, perhaps my ratings would've been higher.
- Evil Ed: [finds Charlie's room full of lit candles, garlic, and crosses] Wow... what's all this for?
- Charley Brewster: [sharpening a stake] Self defense, not that I think I'll need it. He'll be dead before nightfall.
- Amy Peterson: Who will be?
- Charley Brewster: Dandridge, I'm waiting for the guy he lives with to leave, then I'll go next door, find his coffin, and pound this through his heart.
- Amy Peterson: That's murder, Charlie!
- Charley Brewster: You can't murder a vampire, Amy, he's already dead, remember? Listen, I just taped this.
- Evil Ed: [teasingly] Amy, what're we gonna do? This is just like Fright Night!
- Newscaster: [playback on tape] Now for the 2 o' clock news. Another body of a young woman was discovered early this morning in back of the Sheridan mall.
- Charley Brewster: [shuts off tape] You see that? I don't have any choice. Somebody has to stop him.
- Amy Peterson: Charlie it's... it's gonna be dangerous going in that house all alone, isn't it? I mean you're gonna need all the help you can get, right? Somebody like Peter Vincent for instance?
- Evil Ed: Yeah!
- Charley Brewster: I tried him already.
- Amy Peterson: Well, why don't you let us try him again before you do anything?
- Charley Brewster: There's NOT enough time, Amy!
- Amy Peterson: Well what happens if you go into that house alone, and he gets you? Who's gonna stop him then?
- Evil Ed: Yeah, then he'll be able to suck his way through the entire town... but it wouldn't be much of a loss.
- Amy Peterson: Charlie, it's gonna be dark soon, and you don't want to go into that house then, do you?
- Charley Brewster: No, no you're right there. Alright, try him again.
- Amy Peterson: Alright, now you promise you're not gonna do anything until you hear from us, okay?
- [Charlie nods glumly]
- Amy Peterson: Okay, come on!
- Charley Brewster: Amy, you don't believe me, do you?
- Amy Peterson: Charley, I love you.
- Evil Ed: [sees an alley] Hey, let's cut through.
- Charley Brewster: Hey! No way Come on, we want people and lights. The more, the better.
- Evil Ed: Ah, listen, Brewster, vampires don't exist. Haven't you gotten that through your thick head yet?
- Charley Brewster: What if you're wrong, Evil? What if Dandrige is a vampire and he thinks you know it? Would you walk down that alley then?
- Evil Ed: Oh, fuck you, Brewster.
- Charley Brewster: All right. Look. Come on, please just stick with us, all right?
- Evil Ed: Forget it. You may be chicken shit but I'm not.
- [starts walking into the alley]
- Amy: What do we do?
- Charley Brewster: Let him go. No vampire's gonna want him anyway. Probably give him blood poisoning.
- "Evil" Ed Thompson: AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! [Charley and Amy run back to "Evil" Ed]
- Charley Brewster: Jesus, I warned him!
- Charley Brewster: You can't kill me here.
- Jerry Dandridge: I don't want to kill you, Charley. I want you to bring Peter Vincent to my house. Just the two of you. That is, if you ever want to see Amy... again.
- Jerry Dandridge: Welcome to Fright Night... for real!
- Charley Brewster: Where's Amy?
- Jerry Dandridge: Up here, all you have to do is get by me.
- Peter Vincent: [brandishing a crucifix] Back, spawn of Satan!
- Jerry Dandridge: [chuckles] Oh, really?
- [Dandridge grabs the cross, crushes it, and throws it aside]
- Jerry Dandridge: You have to have faith for this to work on me, Mr. Vincent!
- There are some very good reasons to be afraid of the dark.
- If you love being scared, it'll be the night of your life.
- Chris Sarandon — Jerry Dandridge
- William Ragsdale — Charley Brewster
- Amanda Bearse — Amy Peterson
- Roddy McDowall — Peter Vincent
- Stephen Geoffreys — Edward "Evil Ed" Thompson
- Jonathan Stark — Billy Cole
- Dorothy Fielding — Judy Brewster
- Art J. Evans — Detective Lennox