Frigid Hare is a Warner Bros. Merrie Melodies short, released on October 8, 1949. It is directed by Chuck Jones and written by Michael Maltese and features Bugs Bunny. The title can be seen as a simple play on "frigid air" and/or on the refrigerator brand called "Frigidaire".
- Miami Beach at last! Last one in is a rotten egg! Make way! Yahoo! [Bugs splashes into the water causing the splash to turn frozen] Owwwww! [Bugs turns blue and shivers] Jumping ice cubes! It’s freezin’! Brrrr! Wait a minute, this don't look like Miami Beach to me. Hmm... this looks more like California. Now, let's see, [checks the map] uh... hmm. South Pole? Oh, I get it. I shoulda turned left at Albuquerque!
- [Ice cracks]
- Eskimo: Mm-hmm.
- [Ice continues to crack]
- Bugs Bunny: Stop Breathing so hard!
- [Ice cracks one more time, causing the duo to slide]
- Eskimo: Ah... Ah... Ah...
- [Bugs covers the Eskimo's nose]
- Eskimo: Ahhhhh...
- Bugs Bunny: ACHOO!
- [Ice cracks completely. Playboy Penguin arrives with a bucket of water, which stops the cracked ice from falling.]
- Bugs Bunny: Hehe. What a dope! What an Eskimo Pie-Head!
- [The Eskimo stares at him, then lets go of the ice, causing him to fall into the water on a whale.]
- Bugs Bunny: [to the penguin] Oh, you again! Well, scram! You've already ruined my vacation! Why, I ought to bang you one on your little kisser.
- [Playboy Penguin starts crying, his tears turn into ice cubes]
- Bugs Bunny: Oh, all right, all right! Turn off the ice factory. There, that's better. I'm sorry, but what am I gonna do with only four days vacation left? Huh? Well, now what?
- [Playboy Penguin whispers something into Bugs' ear]
- Bugs Bunny: What? You mean the days are six months long up here? Wow! If I stay up here, I won't have to be back to work 'till July, 1953. [puts on top hat and tails] I always wanted a nice, long formal vacation. Let's go, kid!
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny / The Inuit Hunter