Frozen (2013 film)
Frozen is a 2013 American 3D computer-animated musical fantasy film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. The 53rd Disney animated feature film, it is inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's 1844 fairy tale "The Snow Queen". It tells the story of a fearless princess named Anna who sets off on a journey alongside a rugged iceman named Kristoff, his loyal reindeer Sven, and a naive snowman named Olaf to find her estranged sister Elsa, whose icy powers have inadvertently trapped their kingdom in eternal winter. It stars the voices of Kristen Bell, Idina Menzel, Jonathan Groff, and Josh Gad.
- [Walking in the freezing snow in her summer gown; Disappointed] Snow. It had to be snow! She couldn't have had tropical magic that covered the f-fjords in white sand and warm... [Sees smoke; happily] Fire!
- The snow glows white on the mountain tonight
Not a footprint to be seen.
A kingdom of isolation,
and it looks like I'm the Queen.
- Don't let them in, don't let them see
Be the good girl you always have to be.
Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know …
Well now they know!
- It's funny how some distance
Makes everything seem small
And the fears that once controlled me
Can't get to me at allǃ
- It's time to see what I can do
To test the limits and break throughǃ
No right, no wrong, no rules for me,
- Let it goǃ Let it go!
I am one with the wind and sky!
Let it goǃ Let it go!
You'll never see me cry!
- Here, I stand
In the light of dayǃ
Let the storm rage onǃ
The cold never bothered me anyway!
- [When Anna won't let him follow her into the ice castle] But-- but-- Oh, come on! It's a palace made of ice! Ice is my life!
- [singing] Bees will buzz, kids will blow dandelion fuzz, and I'll be doing what ever snow does in summer!
A drink, in my hand, my snow up against the burning sand, probably getting gorgeously tanned in summer!
I'll finally see a summer breeze blow away a winter storm, and find out what happens to solid water when it gets warm.
And I can't, wait to see, what my buddies all think of me. Just imagine how much cooler I'll be in summer! [Vocals] The hot and the cold are both so intense, put them together, it just makes sense! [Vocals] Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle, but put me in summer and I'll be a... [pauses in front of a puddle] ...Happy snowman (and not a puddle)!
When life gets rough I like to hold onto my dreams, relaxing in the summer sun, just lettin' off steam! Oh the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there too!
When I finally do, what frozen things do, in summer!
- Young Anna: [singing] Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on, let's go and play!
I never see you anymore!
Come out the door!
It's like you've gone away!
We used to be best buddies, and now we're not.
I wish you would tell me why!
Do you wanna build a snowman?
It doesn’t have to be a snowman.
- Young Elsa: [from inside her bedroom] Go away, Anna.
- Young Anna: [disappointed] Okay, bye...
- [Anna finishes "For the First Time In Forever"]
- Anna: ...For the first time in forever, nothing's in my way... [promptly collides with a horse, stumbles, and falls into a rowboat placed precariously on the edge of the dock. The boat nearly tips over but the horse places a hoof on the other end of the boat to steady it] Hey!
- Hans: I'm so sorry! Are you hurt? [Anna gets a good look at his face and is immediately smitten]
- Anna: [smiles] Hey. Uh... no. No! I'm... I'm okay.
- Hans: Are you sure?
- Anna: Yeah, I... I just wasn't looking where I was going, but I'm great, actually. [Hans jumps off his horse and steps onto the boat]
- Hans: Oh, thank goodness. [holds out his hand and helps Anna to her feet] Oh. Uh... Prince Hans of the Southern Isles.
- Anna: [curtsies] Princess Anna of Arendelle.
- Hans: Princess? My lady! [suddenly drops to his knees to bow, while his horse inadvertently lifts its foot off the boat, causing it to tip over. Hans grabs Anna before she can fall in the water]
- Anna: Wooh!
- Hans: Um... [The two look at each other awkwardly]
- Anna: Hi... again!
- [Hans's horse slams its hoof back onto the boat, tipping it back upright. Anna falls on top of Hans]
- Hans: Oh, boy! Uh...
- Anna: This is awkward. Not you're awkward, but just because we're... I'm awkward-- you're gorgeous. Wait, what?
- Hans: I'd like to formally apologize for hitting the Princess of Arendelle with my horse...and for every moment after.
- Anna: No. No, no! It's fine. I'm not that princess. I mean, if you'd hit my sister Elsa, it would be like... yeesh! 'Cause, you know... [pats Hans's horse's mane] Hello. [to Hans] But lucky you, it's...it's just me.
- Hans: [chuckles] Just you? [Anna smiles at Hans. Church bells are heard in the distance]
- Anna: The bells. The coronation! I... I... I better go! I have to go. I better go! Uh... bye! [Anna rushes off. Hans's horse inadvertently lifts its hoof to wave as well, and the boat begins to tip]
- Hans: Oh no. Ahǃ [Hans falls into the water]
- Hans: Can I say something crazy - will you marry me?
- Anna: Can I say something even crazier? Yes!
- [Anna and Hans approach Elsa seeking for her to bless their engagement. Elsa looks outright alarmed by the news]
- Anna: Well, we haven’t worked out all the details ourselves. We’ll need a few days to plan the ceremony. Of course, we’ll have soup, roast, and ice cream. And then... Wait. Would we live here?
- Elsa: Here?
- Hans: Absolutely!
- Elsa: Anna.
- Anna. Oh, we can invite all twelve of your brothers to stay with us. Of course we have the room. I don’t know, some of them must...
- Elsa: What? No. No, no, no, no! Just wait. Slow down! No one's brothers are staying here. No one is getting married.
- Anna: Wait, what?
- Elsa: May I talk to you, please? Alone?
- Anna: No! Whatever you have to say, you... you can say to both of us.
- Elsa: Fine. You can't marry a man you just met.
- Anna: You can if it's true love.
- Elsa: Anna, what do you know about true love?
- Anna: More than you. All you know is how to shut people out.
- Elsa: [looks hurt by Anna's words, but remains calm] You asked for my blessing, but my answer is "no". Now... excuse me. [starts to walk away]
- Hans: Your Majesty, if I may ease your...
- Elsa: No, you may not, and I... I think you should go. [to a guard] The party is over. Close the gates.
- Guard: Yes, your majesty.
- Anna: What? Elsa, no! No, wait! [tries to grab Elsa's hand, but instead yanks off her glove]
- Elsa: [gasps in horror; desperately] Give me my glove.
- Anna: [also desperate] Elsa, please! Please! I can't live like this anymore!
- Elsa: [pauses] Then leave. [Anna looks at her, looking hurt. Elsa then turns to leave.]
- Anna: [calling after her] What did I ever do to you?
- Elsa: [impatiently] Enough, Anna.
- Anna: No! Why? Why do you shut me out? Why-why do you shut the world out? What are you so afraid of?!
- Elsa: I said ENOUGH!! [swings her hand around, shooting out a wall of icicles around her. Everyone - including Anna - stares at her in shock. Elsa shrinks back, staring in horror at what she's done] (There's your answer, all right?!)
- Duke of Weselton: Sorcery. [hides behind one of his bodyguards] I knew there was something dubious going on here.
- Anna: [stares at Elsa in horror] Elsa?
- [Devastated, Elsa flees the ballroom.]
- [riding on Kristoff's sled]
- Kristoff: Hang on! We like to go fast!
- Anna: I like fast! [She props her feet up on the "dashboard"]
- Kristoff: Whoa, whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa-whoa! Get your feet down. This is fresh lacquer. Seriously, were you raised in a barn? [He spits on the spot where Anna had her feet propped up. Some of the spit gets in Anna's face]
- Anna: Ugh! No, I was raised in a castle!
- Kristoff: Hmmm. So, uh tell me. What made the Queen go all ice-crazy?
- Anna: Oh, well, it was all my fault. I got engaged, but then she freaked out because I'd only just met him, you know, that day, and she said she wouldn't bless the marriage and-
- Kristoff: Wait. You got engaged to someone you just met that day?
- Anna: Yeah. Anyway, I got mad ,and so she got mad and then she tried to walk away and I grabbed her glove-
- Kristoff: HANG ON! You mean to tell me you got engaged to someone you just met that day?!
- Anna: Yes, pay attention! But the thing is, she wore the gloves all the time, so I just thought, "Maybe she has a thing about dirt!"
- Kristoff: Didn't your parents ever warn you about strangers?
- Anna: .....Yyyyyyyyyeessss, they did. [She scoots slightly to the edge of the seat] But Hans is not a stranger!
- Kristoff: Oh, yeah? What's his last name?
- Anna: [scoffs] Of-the-Southern-Isles!
- Kristoff: What's his favorite food?
- Anna: Sandwiches.
- Kristoff: Best friend's name?
- Anna: Probably John.
- Kristoff: Eye color?
- Anna: Dreamy.
- Kristoff: Foot size?
- Anna: Foot size doesn't matter!
- Kristoff: Have you had a meal with him yet? What if you hate the way he eats? What if you hate the way he picks his nose?
- Anna: [disgusted] Picks his nose?
- Kristoff: And eats it.
- Anna: [annoyed] Excuse me, sir, he is a prince. [beat]
- Kristoff: All men do it.
- Anna: Ew! [scoffs] Look, it doesn't matter; it's true love.
- Kristoff: Doesn't sound like true love.
- Anna: Are you some sort of love expert?
- Kristoff: No, but... I have friends who are.
- Anna: You have friends who are love experts? I'm not buying it. [Sven suddenly comes to a stop]
- Kristoff: Stop talking.
- Anna: No, no, no, no, no! I'd like to meet these-[Kristoff puts a hand over Anna's mouth]
- Kristoff: No! I mean it.
- Anna: Mmmph! Mmmph! [Anna shoves his hand away from her mouth] But-
- Kristoff: Ssshhh! [Kristoff scans the area behind them with his lantern. He sees a pack of hungry wolves slowly approaching them] Sven, go. Go!
- Anna: What are they.
- Kristoff: Wolves.
- Anna: Wolves?
- Olaf: [his head on upside down] Wait, what am I looking at right now? Why are you hanging off the earth like a bat?
- Anna: All right, wait one second. [Anna takes Olaf's head off and puts it on right side up]
- Olaf: Oh! Thank you.
- Anna: You're welcome.
- Olaf: Now I'm perfect! [Anna smiles]
- Anna: Well, almost.
- Olaf: [to Kristoff] It was like my whole life got turned upside down. [Anna grabs a carrot and tries to place it on Olaf's face tail first. It goes all the way through, save for the tip]
- Anna: Oh! I'm sorry!
- Olaf: WHOOǃ Head rush!
- Anna: Are you okay?
- Olaf: Are you kidding me? I... am wonderful! I've always wanted a nose. It's so cute. It's like a little baby unicorn. [Anna pushes the carrot through Olaf's head] Oh, hey whoaǃ Oh, I love it even moreǃ All right, let's start this thing over: Hi, everyone. I'm Olaf. And I like warm hugs.
- Anna: Olaf? [friendly] That's right! Olaf!
- Olaf: And you are...?
- Anna: Oh... I'm Anna.
- Olaf: [points to Kristoff] And who's the funky-looking donkey over there?
- Anna: [thinks Olaf is referring to Sven] That's Sven.
- Olaf: [points to Sven] Uh-huh. And who's the reindeer?
- Anna: [confused] ...Sven?
- Olaf: Oh, they're bo- Oh! Okay. Makes things easier for me. [Sven tries to bite Olaf's carrot nose] Whoa! Oh, look at him, trying to kiss my nose. I like you, too!
- [Anna and Kristoff come across a rocky cliff]
- Anna: What now?
- Kristoff: Mm. It's too steep. I've only got one rope and you don't know how to climb mountains.
- Anna: Says who? [Kristoff looks up to see Anna trying to climb up the rock face by herself]
- Kristoff: What are you doing?
- Anna: I'm...going....to see...my sister!
- Kristoff: You're gonna kill yourself. I wouldn't put my foot there. [Anna's foot slips]
- Anna: You're distracting me!
- Kristoff: Or there. How do you know Elsa even wants to see you?
- Anna: Alright, I'm...I'm just blocking you out cause I've gotta concentrate here. [Anna slips again]
- Kristoff: You know, most people who disappear into the mountains want to be alone.
- Anna: Nobody wants to be alone! Except maybe you!
- Kristoff: I'm not alone! I have friends, remember?
- Anna: Ugh! You mean the love experts?
- Kristoff: Yes, the love experts. [Anna finds a foothold for her left foot]
- Anna: Urgh! Please tell me I'm almost there!
- [The camera cuts to a wide angle to show that Anna is barely four feet off the ground]
- Anna: [panting] Does the air seem a bit thin to you up here?
- Kristoff: [chuckles] Hang on.
- Olaf: Hey, Sven? [Olaf shows up] Not sure if this is gonna solve the problem, but I found a staircase that leads exactly where you want it to go.
- Anna: Ha-ha! Thank goodness! Catch! [She jumps and Kristoff catches her] Thanks! That was like a crazy trust exercise.
- [Anna steps nervously up to the front doors of Elsa's ice castle]
- Olaf: Knock. Just knock. Why isn't she knocking? [to Kristoff] Do you think she doesn't know how to knock? [Anna taps her fist on the door three times. The doors slowly open inwards]
- Anna: Ha! It opened! That's a first. [to Kristoff and Olaf] Oh, you should probably wait out here.
- Kristoff: What?ǃ
- Anna: The last time I introduced her to a guy, she froze everything...
- Kristoff: But--but---Oh, come on! It's a palace made of ice! Ice is my life!
- Olaf: Bye, Sven! [He starts to enter, but Anna grabs him by the arm]
- Anna: You too, Olaf.
- Olaf: What, me?
- Anna: Just give us a minute. [Kristoff sits on the top step, looking pretty dejected]
- Olaf: Okay! [starts counting] One, two, three.
- Both: Four.
- [Anna steps inside Elsa's ice castle. The doors shut behind her. She stares at her surroundings with a look of incredulity]
- Anna: Whoa. Elsa? It's me, Anna! Whoa! [She slips, but stops herself from falling]
- Elsa: Anna? [Elsa appears at the top of the entry staircase, smiling warmly. Anna's gaze quickly shifts to Elsa's ice dress]
- Anna: Whoa, Elsa, you look... different! It's a good different! And this place, it's-- it's amazing!
- Elsa: Thank you. I never knew what I was capable of.
- Anna: [starts up the staircase] I'm so sorry about what happened. If I'd have known-- [Elsa starts instinctively backing away]
- Elsa: No-no-no, it's okay. You--you don't have to apologize, but you should probably go. Please.
- Anna: But I just got here.
- Elsa: You belong down in Arendelle.
- Anna: So do you!
- Elsa: No, Anna, I belong here, alone. Where I can be who I am... without hurting anybody.
- Anna: [grimaces] Actually, about that-
- Olaf: [off-screen] Fifty-eight, fifty-nine, sixty!
- Elsa: Wait. What is that? [Olaf enters and runs across the entry foyer to stand next to Anna]
- Olaf: Hi! I'm Olaf, and I like warm hugs!
- Elsa: [surprised] Olaf?
- Olaf: You (use your magic to) built me! Remember that?
- Elsa: And you're (somehow) alive?
- Olaf: Yeah, um... I think so? [Elsa takes a secondary look at her hands]
- Anna: [kneels down beside Olaf] He's just like the one we built as kids.
- Elsa: [smiles] Yeah.
- Anna: Oh, Elsa, we were so close. We can be like that again.
- [Elsa smiles, but suddenly the memory of her accidentally hurting Anna when she was 8 years old comes rushing back to her; she turns away]
- Elsa: No, we can't. Goodbye, Anna. [heads upstairs]
- Anna: Elsa, wait!
- Elsa: I'm just trying to protect you!
- Anna: You don't have to protect me! I'm not afraid!
- [Elsa loses control of her powers; some of her magic hits Anna in the chest, and she clutches in agony]
- Kristoff: Anna, are you okay?
- Anna: [feeble] I'm okay...I'm fine.
- Elsa: Who's this? Wait, it doesn’t matter. You have to go.
- Anna: No, I know we can figure this out, together!
- Elsa: How? What power do you have to stop this winter? To stop me?
- Kristoff: Anna, I think we should go.
- Anna: No! I'm not leaving without you, Elsa!
- Elsa: [worried but with firm finality] Yes...you are.
- [She fires a blast of magic, creating Marshmallow]
- [Kristoff leads the gang to a large pile of rocks]
- Kristoff: Meet my family. [He and Sven walks toward the rocks] Hey, guys!
- Anna: [Stunned] They're... rocks.
- Kristoff: [off in the distance] You are a sight for sore eyes.
- Olaf: [Also stunned, whispers to Anna] He's craaaazy.
- Kristoff: Hey, whoa, I didn't recognize you; you've lost so much weight.
- Olaf: [Whispers] I'll distract him while you run. [loud, slow voice to the rocks] Hi, Sven's family! It's nice to meet you. [whispers to Anna] Because I love you, Anna, I insist you run. [To the rocks again] I understand you're love experts. Ooh! [Whispers to Anna] Why aren't you running?!
- Anna: Uh... okay, well, I’m gonna go.
- Olaf: Go.
- Kristoff: No, no, Anna, wait.
- Hans: What happened out there?
- Anna: Elsa struck me with the powers.
- Hans: You said she never hurt you.
- Anna: I was wrong.
- Hans: Anna!
- Anna: She froze my heart and only an act of true love can save me.
- Hans: A true love kiss.
- [Hans and a weakened Anna lean in to kiss. But then Hans stops and smiles maliciously]
- Hans: Oh, Anna. If only there was someone out there who loved you.
- Anna: [shocked] What...? [turns to see him walking to a window] You said you did.
- Hans: [closing the curtains] As thirteenth in line in my own kingdom, I didn't stand a chance. I knew I'd have to marry into the throne somewhere...
- Anna: What are you talking about?
- Hans: [puts out a candle] As heir, Elsa was preferable, of course, but no one was getting anywhere with her. But you...
- Anna: Hans?
- Hans: You were so desperate for love, you were willing to marry me, just like that! [picks up a pitcher of water and goes to the fireplace] I figured after we married, I'd have to stage a little accident for Elsa.
- [He pours water onto the fire, extinguishing it. Anna reaches out to stop him, but collapses onto the floor]
- Anna: Hans, no! Stop!
- Hans: But then she doomed herself, and you were dumb enough to go after her.
- Anna: Please...
- Hans: [chuckles] All that's left now is to... kill Elsa and bring back summer.
- Anna: [angrily] You're no match for Elsa.
- Hans: No, you're no match for Elsa. I, on the other hand, am the hero [puts on his glove] who is going to save Arendelle from destruction. [walks to the door]
- Anna: [angrily yet weakly] You won't get away with this!
- Hans: Oh... I already have.
- [He leaves, locking the door behind him. Anna tries to open the door but is too weak as she continues to freeze.]
- Anna: Please! Somebody help! Oh! [The rest of her hair turns white, she shivers] Please... Please...
- [Anna crumbles down to the floor]
- [As Anna is lying on the floor and freezing to death, Olaf starts a fire for her.]
- Anna: Olaf, get away from thereǃ
- Olaf: [amazed] Whoa! So this is heat. I love itǃ [A piece of the fire flies onto his finger.] Ooh, but don't touch it! [Olaf runs up to Anna and carries her to the fire.] So, where's Hans? What happened to your kiss?
- Anna: I was wrong about him. It wasn't true love.
- Olaf: But we ran all the way here.
- Anna: Please, Olaf. You can't stay here. You'll melt.
- Olaf: I am not leaving here until we find some other act of true love to save you. [sits down next to Anna] Do you happen to have any ideas?
- Anna: I don't even know what love is.
- Olaf: That's okay. I do. [stroking Anna's shoulder] Love is... putting someone else's needs before yours, like, you know, how Kristoff brought you back here to Hans and left you forever.
- Anna: [surprised] Kristoff... loves me?
- Olaf: [walks in front of Anna] Wow. You really don't know anything about love, do you? [Olaf's carrot nose begins to fall off his face. But he realigns it.]
- Anna: Olaf, you're melting!
- Olaf: Some people are worth melting for. [Anna smiles, but then Olaf's head starts to melt. He grabs it just in time.] Just maybe not right this second. [The window open and hears the winds] Ah! Don’t worry I got it!
- [Hans catches up to Elsa in the storm on the frozen fjord]
- Hans: Elsa, you can't run from this!
- Elsa: Just take care of my sister!
- Hans: Your sister? She returned from the mountain weak and cold! She said that you froze her heart!
- Elsa: No...!
- Hans: I tried to save her but it was too late! Her skin was ice, her hair turned white... Your sister is dead... because of you.
- Elsa: No...
- [Elsa turns around and drops to the ground in grief; the blizzard stops]
- [Anna, very weak, struggles to move across the fjord. She suddenly hears the sound of a sword being drawn]
- Anna: [whispers] Elsa? (Sorry, Kristoff, but I don't have a choice.) [realizes Hans is about to kill Elsa, and uses her final ounce of strength to throw herself in front of Elsa] NOOO!
- [Anna freezes to solid ice, Hans' sword hits her fingers and shatters, the brute force is enough to knock Hans out cold]
- Elsa: (Anna?) Anna! [gets up and touches Anna's frozen face] Oh, Anna... No, no, please... No.
- [Elsa realizes what has happened, throws her arms around the frozen Anna, and begins to cry]
- Olaf: Anna?
- [Kristoff, Sven, Olaf, and all of the dignitaries in Arendelle mourn the death of Anna. Suddenly, Anna thaws and comes back to life, her hair returns to its normal color]
- Elsa: [surprised] Anna?
- [The sisters hug]
- Anna: Oh, Elsa.
- Elsa: You sacrificed yourself for me?
- Anna: [smiles] I love you.
- Olaf: [gasps, realizing something] An act of true love can heal a frozen heart!
- Elsa: [also realizing something] Love will thaw. Love. Of course!
- Anna: Elsa?
- Elsa: Love!
- [Elsa begins to thaw Arendelle]
- Anna: [after Elsa brings back summer] I knew you could do it.
- Olaf: [as he begins to melt] Hands down, this is the best day of my life, and quite possibly, the last.
- Elsa: Oh, Olaf! Hang on, little guy. [uses her magic to recreate Olaf and gives him a cloud that produces flurries]
- Olaf: [gasps] My own personal FLURRY! [giggles]
- [Hans, weakened, slowly gets up]
- Anna: [to Kristoff, as he moves to hit Hans for what he did to Anna] Ah, ah, ah! [walks to Hans]
- Hans: [shocked] Anna? But she froze your heart.
- Anna: The only frozen heart around here is yours. [turns around, but whips around and punches Hans in the face, who falls into the water]
- [The ambassadors of their countries are sailing home from Arendelle. A guard from the French Ambassador tosses Hans inside a cabin and locks.]
- French Ambassador: I shall take this scoundrel back to his country. We shall see what his 12 big brothers think about his behavior.
- Kai: Arendelle thanks you, my lord.
- [Anna leads a blindfolded Kristoff to the dock, and then she takes off the blindfold, revealing a new sled, with a new lute in it]
- Anna: I owe you a sled.
- Kristoff: [Surprised] Are you serious?
- Anna: [Excited] YES! [Normal] And it's the latest modelǃ
- Kristoff: No, I can't accept this.
- Anna: You have toǃ No returns, no exchanges; Queen's orders. She's named you the official Arendelle Ice Master and Deliverer.
- Kristoff: What? That's not a thing.
- Anna: Oh, sure it is. [About the sled] And it even has a cup holder. Do you like it?
- Kristoff: Like it? [Happily picks up Anna and twirls her around] I LOVE IT! I could kiss you! [Puts Anna down, embarrassed] Uh-- I could. I mean, I'd like to. I-- May I? We me... May we? Wait, what?
- Anna: [kisses his cheek] We may.
- [She and Kristoff kiss]
- It’s been overwhelming, the year. We still get Youtube sent to us. I mean, I got one just yesterday…It’s actually very funny. Um, so I just, It’s been overwhelming. It really has. Starting with the Reddit… Round table. Reddit round table is where a woman wrote in saying, um, that she was, uh, in a bad place and was gonna commit suicide, and saw Frozen and inspired by Elsa and, and her journey, and she said, and I’m still here. Thank you. So, you know, we’re overwhelmed by that.
- There are autistic kids that watch Frozen that parents tell us they hadn’t… They don’t sit still for anything, and they watch Frozen, and they relate to Olaf. Um, just a few weeks ago, uh, a friend of ours working at a nursing home, and a senior citizen just, she wasn’t really [STAMMERS] She sort of internal and not doing much. And she watched Frozen. And then she started drawing again. ‘Cause she used to draw when she was younger. And she was drawing the Frozen characters. And just, and her husband was just so grateful she was coming back to life. So you get those are the stories that we go oh wow. And that’s how I think our life has changed. Sort of seeing what… We always knew that these films had some influence and power. But this one certainly I’ve never experienced anything like this. So you really do…
- Well, our art director knew it would be a Scandinavian area. He was just going through books, and, he’d seen a lot of internet stuff too. He was posting all these pages on Scandinavia you know, beautiful scenery and architecture, and almost all the post-its were Norway. So he said okay. Well, you know, we need our trip to Norway. Now we don’t say that it’s set in Norway. But it helps to have something specific to kind of draw from. So it makes the world very believable. And there are ideas in Norway, we’d never have come up with on our own, the, the stave church, which was very beautiful.
- Chris Buck, "#FrozenFever #CinderellaEvent Exclusive Interview With Frozen Directors Jennifer Lee and Chris Buck", by Christa Thompson, The Fairy Tale Traveler, March 11, 2015.
- Kristen Bell - Princess Anna of Arendelle
- Livvy Stubenrauch (5 years old)
- Katie Lopez (singing)
- Agatha Lee Monn (9 years old) (singing)
- Livvy Stubenrauch (5 years old)
- Idina Menzel - Queen Elsa of Arendelle
- Spencer Lee Ganus as (12 years old)
- Eva Bella (8 years old)
- Jonathan Groff - Kristoff
- Tyree Brown (8 years old) (uncredited)
- Josh Gad - Olaf
- Santino Fontana - Prince Hans of the Southern Isles
- Alan Tudyk - The Duke of Weselton
- Ciarán Hinds - Pabbie the Troll King
- Chris Williams - Oaken
- Maia Wilson - Bulda
- Jack Whitehall - A troll
- Maurice LaMarche - King Agnarr of Arendelle
- Jennifer Lee - Queen Iduna of Arendelle (uncredited)