Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gao Fu (高福; Gāo Fú; born 15 November 1961), also known as George Fu Gao, is a virologists and immunologist in the People's Republic of China (PRC). He currently serves as the Director of Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention since 2017.
|This scientist article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Calm, calm down. The (COVID-19) virus has become rampant. Everyone here is anxious.
- Gao Fu (2020) cited in "China Urges Calm Over Virus During ‘Critical Period’" on The Wall Street Journal, 26 January 2020.
- The big mistake in the U.S. and Europe, in my opinion, is that people aren't wearing masks. This virus is transmitted by droplets and close contact. Droplets play a very important role − you've got to wear a mask, because when you speak, there are always droplets coming out of your mouth. Many people have asymptomatic or presymptomatic infections. If they are wearing face masks, it can prevent droplets that carry the virus from escaping and infecting others.
- When asked about the mistakes that other countries are making in the COVID-19 pandemic, as quoted in Cohen, Jon (27 March 2020). Not wearing masks to protect against coronavirus is a 'big mistake,' top Chinese scientist says. Science.
- For those that were originally vaccinated with vaccine A and then receive a vaccine B booster, the results are better than those vaccinated under an 'AA' or 'BB' plan.
- Gao Fu (2022) cited in "Threat of omicron keeps China walled off, as scientists search for more-effective vaccines" on The Washington Post, 10 January 2022.