Garfield (also known as Garfield: The Movie) is a 2004 live-action/computer-animated movie based on the Jim Davis comic strip Garfield. In this movie, Garfield the cat was created with computer animation, though all other animals were real. It features Bill Murray as the voice of Garfield.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- See, I get my exercise doing my job. Just one quick CANNONBALL! [He leaps onto Jon's stomach.]
- [to Jon, about adopting Odie] You had me, a chick magnet. And now you've got a tick magnet!
- [After he switched Jon's hash with his food and Jon eats Garfield's food] Actually, it's liver-flavored!
- [sees Odie] Another day ruined.
- [To Odie when he's being kidnapped] Odie, you're so dumb, you don't even know you're in trouble.
- This rescue work is exhausting. When do heroes get to eat?
- [repeated line] Oh, my poor nose!
- [Garfield is about to fall approximately 10 stories] You know, I think I had a nightmare about this once...
- Once again, my life has been saved... by the miracle... of lasagna.
- Hey, nobody gets to mistreat my dog like that except ME!
- [dancing] I feel good!
- Garfield: Oh, sleeping beauty, wake up! You can stop dreaming about me, because I'm here now. Just wake up. You've got work to do. You're not just my owner, you're my primary care-giver!
- Jon: (still asleep) Not now, Garfield.
- Garfield: Oh...Delicious!
- Happy Chapman: Any sign from the network yet?
- Wendell: No, but they're looking for a dog act on Good Day New York.
- Happy Chapman: Dog act?! Story of my life: looking for a dog and I'm stuck with a cat!
- Wendell: I thought the segment went quite well!
- Happy Chapman: (mockingly) "I thought the segment went quite well!" Of course it went well, you TOAD!
- Jon: (Gives Garfield some mashed up cat-food) It's liver-flavored. (Sets down his own microwavable hash-browns next to Garfield's cat food bowl)
- Garfield: (Sarcastically) Mmm, delicious...yuck! (When Jon comes back with a fork he does not notice that Garfield has taken his hash-browns and has put his own bowl of cat-food where Jon left his own breakfast; Jon takes a bite of the cat food)
- Jon: AGH!! OH, LIVER...!! (He runs to the sink and vomits)
- Garfield: (Smugly) Actually, it's liver-flavored.
- Luca: You're on the wrong side of the street, fat cat.
- Garfield: And you, Luca, the wrong side of the evolutionary curve.
- Arlene: Garfield, are you all right?
- Garfield: I think so. Luca's about to have Odie for lunch.
- Arlene: If it wasn't for Odie, you'd be Luca's chew toy.
- Nermal: Hey, look! Garfield's dancin' with Odie. They're like buddies now!
- Happy Chapman: (arrogantly) I can't go on like this anymore, Wendell. I've got to get a dog.
- Wendell: Well I think that is a lovely idea! I know you've been sad and lonely since the divorce, and I've tried to be a friend...
- Happy Chapman: Not for me you imbecile, for the act! If I could get my hands on a really talented dog, wouldn't Walter J. just choke on his Emmy?
- Wendell: (sees something) Like Odie?
- Happy Chapman: Yeah, yeah. Now he was good. He was kind of dopey-looking and spry and--
- Wendell: (sees the LOST poster) Lost? (sees Odie on the poster)
- Happy Chapman: (comes over to the window with Wendell and looks in happiness)
- Jon: (voiceover) Hi, it's Jon. I was calling to see if Odie's been over there, and... I can't find him around. My name's Jon Arbuckle, and... I can't find my dog. I look all around the neighborhood, and... I can't seem to find him. I saw him last night, but I didn't see him this morning, and... If you see him, give me a call, please. Hi, it's Jon. I was calling to see if you've seen Odie. Um, I think he's run away. I was giving him a bath last night, and forgot to put his collar back on. 'Cause, you know, Garfield hates his collar. (back at home and on the phone) He's about 15 pounds, he's brownish-yellow, with brown floppy ears.
- Happy Chapman: I believe you found my dog. He answers to "Odie"
- Mrs. Baker: Odie?
- Happy Chapman: Family name. Oh Odie! Oh come on! There you are! Yes! I can live again now. How could I ever repay you?
- Mrs. Baker: An autograph would be splendid!
- Happy Chapman: Then splendid it shall be.
Live action actors
- Breckin Meyer as Jon Arbuckle
- Jennifer Love Hewitt as Dr. Liz Wilson
- Stephen Tobolowsky as Happy Chapman
- Evan Arnold as Wendall
- Mark Christopher Lawrence as Christopher Mello
- Eve Brent Ashe as Mrs. Baker (as Eve Brent)
- Juliette Goglia as Little Girl
- Joe Bays as Raccoon Lodge Member
- Leyna Nguyen as News Reporter
- Joe Ochman as Engineer
- Bill Murray as Garfield
- Nick Cannon as Louis
- Alan Cumming as Persnikitty (he renames himself "Sir Roland")
- David Eigenberg as Nermal
- Brad Garrett as Luca
- Debra Messing as Arlene
- Richard Kind as Dad Rat
- Debra Jo Rupp as Mom Rat
- Wyatt Smith as Kid Rat #1
- Jordan Kaiser as Kid Rat #2
- Alyson Stoner as Kid Rat #3
- Jimmy Kimmel as Spanky (unnamed in the film)