Gary Player (born November 1, 1935) is a South African professional golfer generally regarded as one of the greatest players in the game's history. He is one of only five to have ever won the career Grand Slam of golfs all four majors. He won nine major championships and nine senior tour majors. Dubbed the Black Knight, Mr. Fitness and the International Ambassador of Golf, Player is a renowned golf course architect with over 300 design projects throughout the world.
|This sports figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- An old friend once told me, you don't go fill up your car with gas at night and then park it in the garage.
- Kyle Dalton. Gary Player – Great Golfer, Better Human Being. WorldGolf.com. Retrieved on 2008-12-09.
- The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
- Guy Yocom (October 2002). "Gary Player: take it from the man in black: rats save lives, caning isn't all bad, and we make our own breaks". Golf Digest. Retrieved on 2008-12-09.
- This quote was probably not coined by Gary Player. See: http://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/07/14/luck/