Jump to navigation Jump to search
Genevieve Nnaji (May 3, 1979) is a Nigerian actress, producer, and director. She won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 2005. She was the first actress to win the award.
- "I think the authenticity of the story which was what I loved about it. It provided an environment where I could showcase the things that made me proud of our culture, our talent and our values."
-  Her collaboration with United Talent Agency (UTA) (20 October 2018)
- “Be the reason they speak good about Nigeria”.
-  on October 1st, 2021.
- “My own feminism is just human rights. I’m a woman who has rights to her own choices; I can do whatever I want whenever I want. It’s just that simple if I were a man it would be the same thing”.
- Views on feminism  on April 1st, 2019.
- “Let girls grow up to become woman and make a choice, what they want”.
- Genevieve spoke up against early child marriage  in "Breaking Views" with UNICEF in 2014.
- “I am rich in the lord. I am a comfortable young woman but I am not too rich, so I don't actually know how much I'm worth”
-  July 2007
- “I react to treatment. How you approach is how you will be received. Fair is fair”.
- "The contemporary issues highlighted in the script are what sold me; this is an artful retelling of Fela’s story and I’m honored to be a part of it."
-  About the new audio play titled Fela Ten Twenty (12 May 2021)
- “Chocolates and cakes are the biggest problem I have. That is why I punish myself at the gym because I know I can’t stop myself from eating what I want. I call it eating your cake and having it.”
-  2007, she was asked what she loves eating the most.
- “I'm always happy and relaxed. Nobody can stay happy 24 hours but I'm content with my life. I am content with where God has placed me. I am content with my work. I am comfortable and I thank God for it.”
-  July 2007 she was asked what kept her going all these years
- “I grew up on radio plays and the experience is nostalgic for me – the power of voice to influence minds and touch hearts is undeniable.”
-  2021,About the new audio play titled Fela Ten Twenty
- “At the end of the day I was born alone, I’m going to die alone, I breathe alone. So I definitely have the right to how I want to live my life.”
-  April 2019
- “The fact that a man will take me for who I am, not for what he hears or what he believes, I like people who take me for the me they see.”
- April 2022 she was asked what she finds most attractive in a man.