|This sports figure article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- The goalkeeper is the jewel in the crown and getting at him should be almost impossible. It's the biggest sin in football to make him do any work.
- Regarding how important goalkeepers are back in his era. Total Soccer Schools, accessed 17.6.2012
Interview, Sport.co.uk, 14 January 2011
"EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: Arsenal hero George Graham", 14 January 2011 09:37, accessed 17 June 2012
- I always think in English football that it’s nice to have a combination of different types of players, so then they can all gel together.
- In football, yeah, sometimes you get these multitalented individuals where that’s all they want to do: when the team’s got the ball, I’ll play but, when we haven’t got the ball, I’ll go and have a rest.
- That’s the only thing I would say that I wanted from all my players: to have that philosophy of hard work when we haven’t got it and perform when we have got it.
- I’ve always thought I’m a perfectionist – and that might not be the truth! – but you always look and see if there are any weaknesses.
- Every time I turn on the television and hear a manager from the lower divisions, they’ve usually got a Scottish accent. I don’t know the reason for that but let’s hope it continues. I like the philosophy of Scottish managers, they’ve always got this will to win and this work ethic, which I believe in.