Go West (1940 film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
JUMP INTO YOUR BOOTS AND SADDLES...IT'S ROUND-UP TIME IN THE WILD AND WOOLY WEST! (taglines)
S. Quentin Quale
- Any resemblance between these two characters and living persons is purely accidental!
- I was going to thrash them within an inch of their lives, but I didn't have a tape measure.
- Lulubelle, it's you! I didn't recognize you standing up.
- Time wounds all heels.
- There's something corrupt going on around my pants but I just can't seem to locate it.
- I give you my solemn word as an embezzler, I'll be back in ten minutes.
- You must fan the flames of love with the bellows of indifference.
- I'm not in business for love, you know. I was in love once and I got the business.
- I'm not drunk, but, what's the ceiling doing on the floor?
- Rusty, I no like-a the West. All-a the people do is kill each other. I like-a the West better if it was in the East. Let's get outta here.
- [to Quale] You said you was an embezzler, but, you no fool me. I knew you was a crook!
- Indian: White man talk too much. Make Chief heap mad.
- S. Quentin Quale: White man, red man's friend. White man want to make friends with red brother.
- Joseph Panello: And sister, too.
- S. Quentin Quale: There's only one law in the west: the law of blood and bullets. It's either shoot or be shot. What are we gonna do?
- Joseph Panello: Sue'em!
- Joseph Panello: My father-a shot the Indians in eighteen forty-two
- S. Quentin Quale: Oh, he should-a shot the stork-a, when the stork-a brought-a you.
- S. Quentin Quale: Are you insinuating that the white man is not the Indian's friend? Ha! Who swindled you out of Manhattan Island for 24 dollars?
- Joseph Panello: White man.
- S. Quentin Quale: Who turned you into wood and stood you in front of a cigar store?
- Joseph Panello: White man.
- S. Quentin Quale: Who put your head on a nickel and then took the nickel away?
- Joseph Panello: Slot machine.
- S. Quentin Quale: Members of the tribe - I rest my case.
- S. Quentin Quale: This is the last hat of it's kind. The beaver's have stopped making them. They're all out playing football. Ten dollars.
- Joseph Panello: Well, he's a poor boy. He'll give you a dollar. Will you take it?
- S. Quentin Quale: Well, I'll take it but I'm only making a buck on it.
- S. Quentin Quale: What did he say?
- Joseph Panello: He said, first they're going to give us a fair trial, then they kill us.
- JUMP INTO YOUR BOOTS AND SADDLES...IT'S ROUND-UP TIME IN THE WILD AND WOOLY WEST!
- The Looniest, Tuniest Musical Gag-And-Gal Show Since "A Night At The Opera"
- Rip-Roaring With Laughs, Girls, Songs!
- Groucho Marx — S. Quentin Quayle
- Chico Marx — Joseph Panello
- Harpo Marx — Rusty Panello
- John Carroll — Terry Turner
- Diana Lewis — Eve Wilson
- Walter Woolf King — John Beecher
- Robert Barrat — "Red" Baxter
- June MacCloy — Lulubelle
- Tully Marshall — Dan Wilson
- Iris Adrian — Mary Lou
- Joan Woodbury — Melody
- George Lessey — The Railroad President
- Joe Yule — Crystal Palace Bartender Joe
- Mitchell Lewis — Halfbreed Indian Pete