Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- “We cannot have another world war. War is the wrong word. We should ban the term ‘World War III’ and say instead apocalypse or holocaust.”
- Hamburg’s Die Zeit, August 30, 1985. cited in: The Watchtower, 2/15 1986.
- Closest to the truth are those who deal lightly with it because they know it is inexhaustible.
- Golo Mann. Thomas Mann and His Family, cited in: Robert Andrews (2003), The New Penguin Dictionary of Modern Quotations. p. 1137.
- Man is always more than he can know of himself; consequently, his accomplishments, time and again, will come as a surprise to him.
- Golo Mann in his Recollections, quoted in: Marcel Reich-Ranicki (1989), Thomas Mann and his family, p. 187.