Gone Girl (film)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You don't know what you've got 'til it's...
- I swear, you two are the most fucked up people I've ever known and I specialize in fucked up!
- Elvis is in Missouri!
- [to Amy] You. Fucking. Bitch.
- [Opening lines] When I think of my wife, I always think of the back of her head. I picture cracking her lovely skull, unspooling her brain, trying to get answers. The primal questions of a marriage: What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other?
- [Last lines]What are you thinking? How are you feeling? What have we done to each other? What will we do?
- Everyone knows that 'complicated' is a code word for bitch.
- (To Nick) Boo hoo ! I lost my job. Guess I'll fuck a teenager.
- I thought writers hated cliches.
- I'm so much happier now that I'm dead. Technically missing. Soon to be presumed dead. Gone. And my lazy lying shitting oblivious husband will go to prison for my murder. Nick Dunne took my pride and my dignity and my hope and my money. He took and took from me until I no longer existed. That's murder. Let the punishment fit the crime.
- Amazing fucking Amy is getting fucking married!
- When two people love each other and they can't make that work, that's the real tragedy.
- Want to test your marriage for weak spots? Add one recession, subtract two jobs. It's surprisingly effective.
- Then Nick will die too. Nick and Amy will be gone, but then we never really existed. Nick loved a girl I was pretending to be; Cool Girl. Men always use that, don't they, as their defining compliment. She's a Cool Girl. Cool Girl is hot. Cool Girl is game. Cool Girl is fun. Cool Girl never gets angry at her man. She only smiles, in a chagrin, loving manner, and then presents her mouth for fucking. She likes what he likes. So evidently, he's a vinyl hipster who likes fetish manga. If he likes girls gone wild, she's a mall babe, who talks football and endures Buffalo Wings at Hooter's. When I met Nick Dunne, I knew he wanted Cool Girl, and for him, I'll admit, I was willing to try. I wax-stripped my pussy raw. I drank canned beer watching Adam Sandler movies. I ate cold pizza and remained a size 2. I blew him, semi-regularly. I lived in the moment. I was fucking game. I can't say I didn't enjoy some of it. Nick teased out in me things I didn't know existed. A lightness. A humor. An ease. But I made him stronger, sharper. I inspired him to rise to my level. I forged the man of my dreams. We were happy pretending to be other people; we were the happiest couple we knew. And what's the point of being together if you're not the happiest? But Nick got lazy. He became someone I did not agree to marry. He actually expected me to love him unconditionally, then he dragged me, penniless, to the navel of this great country, and found himself a newer, younger, bouncier Cool Girl. You think I'd let him destroy me and end up happier than ever? No fucking way. He doesn't get to win.
- Margo Dunne: [discussing what kind of wood item Nick is going to give to Amy for their fifth wedding anniversary, the "wood" anniversary] So, what'd you get her?"
- Nick Dunne: There's no good gift for wood.
- Margo Dunne: I know. Go home, fuck her brains out, slap her with your penis. "There's some wood for you, bitch."
- Nick Dunne: I always wondered why you kept in touch, after everything. You were together for two years in boarding school, right?
- Desi Collings: She was my first serious girlfriend.
- Nick Dunne: Why did you break up?
- Desi Collings: That's a strange question.
- Nick Dunne: Did you treat her bad? Did you cheat on her?
- Desi Collings: That's a rude question.
- Nick Dunne: Let me tell you what Amy told me. She dumped you, you completely unravelled. You stalked her, you threatened her, you attempted suicide in her bed and were institutionalised.
- Desi Collings: Your wife is missing, and you came all this way to tell me this?
- Nick Dunne: Well I thought there might be another side to this story.
- [Desi closes the door]
- Tanner Bolt: I will drill you as if you were doing a deposition. What to say, what not to say.
- Margo Dunne: A trained monkey?
- Tanner Bolt: A monkey who doesn't get the lethal injection.
- Nick Dunne: You fucking cunt!
- Amy Dunne: I'm the cunt you married. The only time you liked yourself was when you were trying to be someone this cunt might like. I'm not a quitter, I'm that cunt. I killed for you; who else can say that? You think you'd be happy with a nice Midwestern girl? No way, baby! I'm it.
- Nick Dunne: Fuck. You're delusional. I mean, you're insane, why would you even want this? Yes, I loved you and then all we did was resent each other, try to control each other. We caused each other pain.
- Amy Dunne: That's marriage.
- Nick Dunne: [after seeing positive pregnancy test] I didn't touch you!
- Amy Dunne: You didn't need to.
- Nick Dunne: Bullshit! That notice of disposal, I have that. You threw it out.
- Amy Dunne: The notice? Yes. [rubs stomach]
- Nick Dunne: I want a blood test! I want a paternity test!
- Amy Dunne: I love tests.
- Ben Affleck — Nick Dunne
- Rosamund Pike — Amy Dunne
- Neil Patrick Harris — Desi Collins
- Tyler Perry - Tanner Bolt
- Carrie Coon - Margo Dunne