Jump to navigation Jump to search
Goosebumps is a 2015 American 3D live-action/computer-animated horror comedy film based on the children's book series of the same name by R. L. Stine. It was directed by Rob Letterman, and written by Darren Lemke, from a story by Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski. Financed by Sony, LStar Capital, and Village Roadshow Pictures, it was produced by Original Film and Scholastic Entertainment, and was released on October 16, 2015 by Sony Pictures Entertainment, under its Columbia Pictures label.
- Robert Lawrence Stine: [introduces himself to a classroom] Hello. My name is R. L. Stine. Every story ever told can be broken down into 3 parts - the beginning… the middle… and the twist.
- Champion: The Abominable Snowman just crawl out of a book, that doesn't just happen!
- R. L. Stine: You just released every monster I've ever created!
- Champ: What was that?
- Stine: It's the Invisible Boy.
- Champ: [getting slapped by Brent the Invisible Boy] Ow!
- Stine: Ah, he's such a crack up.
- [during a chase in the grocery store, the werewolf crashes in an aisle of food, then R. L. Stine trips and gets placed in a shopping cart, and Zach pushes the cart]
- Robert: What are you doing? Get me out! [the werewolf starts coming after Zach and Stine] Oh, no, no, no, no, no, keep going!
- Hannah: [quietly] Did you unlock a book?
- Zach Cooper: I'm sorry. I'll put it back where it belongs. Look, here it is.
- Hannah: No, don't open it! [Zach accidentally opens a manuscript which releases the Abominable Snowman of Pasadena, the Abominable Snowman touches a light of a ceiling lamp, which stings his finger] [whispering] Nobody make a sound. [Champ screams in terror which the Abominable Snowman of Pasadena hears him, then he starts to charge at him, but Zach pushes him aside, then the Abominable Snowman breaks out of the house]
- Hannah: So you're the new neighbor?
- Zach: Yeah. I'm Zach, by the way.
- Hannah: I'm Hannah.
- Stine: [from behind her] Hannah!
- Hannah: I gotta go.
- [R. L. Stine appears at the window]
- Zach: Hey, we're just moving in.
- Stine: [referring to the fence between their 2 houses] You see that fence?
- Zach: Uh, yes...
- Stine: [sternly] Stay on your side of it.
- [Stine leaves the window]
- Zach: [an army of lawn gnomes start popping out] Maybe, they're friendly. [1 lawn gnome throws a knife next to him, then its eyebrows turn angry] Not friendly, definitely not friendly! [one lawn gnome jumps and starts to attack Stine, but Champ smashes it with a frying pan]
- Zach: Alright, everyone, find anything you can to barricade the doors.
- Hannah: We cannot let the monsters inside.
- Zach: [referring to Hannah's dad] He's a big teddy bear.
- Hannah: Don't take it personally. He doesn't really like anyone.
- Hannah: [to Zach] C'mon, scaredy-cat!
- Stine: As long as the books remained locked, we're safe, but when they open, Well, you've just seen what happens.
- Mr. Black (The real R. L. Stine): Hello, Mr. Stine.
- Mr. Stine: Hello, Mr. Black.
- [last lines]
- [after typing "The Invisible Boy's Revenge" on Stine's typewriter]
- Brent Green the Invisible Boy: You forgot about me! [leaves hand marks on the glass and manically laughs as Stine screams]
- The stories are alive
- You will believe in monsters
- Jack Black as R. L. Stine as well as the voices of Slappy the Dummy and Brent Green the Invisible Boy
- Dylan Minnette as Zachary "Zach" Cooper
- Odeya Rush as Hannah Stine
- Amy Ryan as Gale Cooper
- Ryan Lee as Champ
- Jillian Bell as Lorraine Cooper
- Ken Marino as Coach Carr
- Halston Sage as Taylor
- Steven Krueger as Davidson
- E. Roger Mitchell as The Mayor of Madison (uncredited)
- Timothy Simons as Officer Stevens
- Amanda Lund as Officer Brooks
- Keith Arthur Bolden as Principal Garrison
- Benjamin Papac as Seth (uncredited)
- (The real) R. L. Stine as Mr. Black