Grease is a 1978 musical film about good girl Sandy and bad boy Danny who fell in love over the summer. But when they unexpectedly discover that they are now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance?
- Directed by Randal Kleiser. Written by Bronte Woodard, based on the musical by Jim Jacobs and Warren Casey.
- This car could be systematic, hydromatic, ultramatic. Why, it could be Greased Lightning!
I got chills,
And I'm losing control.
'Cause the power you're supplyin' —
- He was so nice to me this summer.
- Tell me 'bout it, Stud
- Did you guys get a look at Zuk this Morning? Looking pretty good this year huh Rizz?
- How much dough did he spend?
- oh no! I'm going to be a senior forever. I have to study for that Dumb algebra test tommorrow. Hello
- Sandy, Wherefore art thou Sandy!
- The only thing that hangs around you sonny are the Flies!
and i also think thers more than you then just fat want some
- Like a Beautiful blonde Pineapple
- So, what did you do all summer Danny?
- Yea Right here Putzie!
- But you dont gotta Brag
- The whole place a no Parking Zone Crater Face
- Hey, how was the Action at the beach man?
- Getting a hickie from Kenickie is like getting a hallmark card!
Look at me, I'm Sandra Dee,
Lousy with virginity.
Won't go to bed 'til I'm legally wed.
I can't, I'm Sandra Dee.
- Coz he sounds like a drag
- Gosh, Your turning into a One Woman USO
- Men are rats. Listen to me, they're fleas on rats. Worse than that, they're amoebas on fleas on rats. I mean, they're too low for even the dogs to bite. The only man a girl can depend on is her daddy.
- was it love at first sight?
- If you can't be an athlete, be an athletic supporter.
- Oh Blanche, Stop Blubbering!
- Rizzo: [on the first day of high school] Oh god. [removes her sunglasses] Well, here we are again.
- Marty: Yeah, but this time we're seniors.
- Rizzo: And we're going to rule the school! [they all laugh]
- Marty: Jan, that is so adolescent!
- Jan: We are adolecent.
- Rizzo: We don't have to flaunt it. [puts her sunglasses back on and her Pink Ladies jacket] Okay, girls. Let's go get them.
- Frenchy: Hey, Marty, are those new glasses?
- Marty: Oh yeah, I just got them for school. Don't you think they make me look smarter?
- Rizzo: Nah, you can still see your face.
- Marty: How would you like rice pudding down your bra?
- Jan: I'll take it.
- Rizzo: Patty Simcox, the bad seed of Rydell High. [to Patty] Hi.
- Patty: Oh, I just love the first day of school. Don't you?
- Rizzo: [sarcastically] It's the biggest thrill of my life.
- Patty: You'll never guess what happened.
- Rizzo: Probably not.
- Patty: They just announced the nominees for student council this morning and guess who's up for vice president?
- Rizzo: Who?
- Patty: Me. Isn't that the most? To say the least?
- Rizzo: The very least.
- Patty: I just hope I don't make too poor a showing.
- Rizzo: Well, we certainly wish you the best of luck. Don't we, girls?
- Rizzo: Somebody snaking you, Danny?
- Danny: Oh, bite the weenie, Riz.
- Rizzo: With relish.
- Marty: What's with you tonight?
- Rizzo: I feel like a defective typewriter.
- Marty: Huh?
- Rizzo: I skipped a period.
- Marty: You think you P-G?!
- Rizzo: I don't know, big deal.
- Marty: Aren't you going to tell Kenickie?!
- Rizzo: Nah, you don't know the guy.
- Kenickie: Rizzo?
- Rizzo: Yeah?
- Kenickie: I hear you're knocked up.
- Rizzo: Oh, you do, huh? Boy, good news really travels fast! [glares at Marty]
- Kenickie: Why didn't ya tell me about it?
- Rizzo: What's it to ya?
- Kenickie: Thought I might be able to do something...
- Rizzo: You did enough!
- Kenickie: I don't run away from my mistakes.
- Rizzo: [sweetly] ...Hey, don't worry about it, Kenickie, it was somebody else's mistake.
- Kenickie: [he tries to laugh it off and walks away] Thanks a lot, kid.
- Rizzo: Any time.
- Rizzo: I've got so many hickeys people will think I'm a leper.
- Kenickie: Relax. A hickey from Kenickie is like a Hallmark card, when you only care enough to send the very best!
- Rizzo: You pig!
- Kenickie: Oh, I love it when you talk dirty!
- Danny: That's cool, baby. You know how it is, rockin' and rollin' and what not.
- Sandy: Danny?
- Danny: That's my name, don't wear it out.
- Sandy: What's the matter with you?
- Danny: What's the matter with me, baby, what's the matter with you?
- Sandy: What happened to the Danny Zuko I met at the beach?
- Danny: Well, I do not know. Maybe there's two of us. Why don't you take out a missing person's ad? Or try the yellow pages, I don't know.
- Sandy: You're a fake and a phony and I wish I never laid eyes on you!
- Marty: It was perfect, right? So just as things were getting really interesting, my mother walks in. Needless to say, I was grounded for two weeks. [rizzo returns to her seat]
- Frenchy: So, what did you do this summer, Sandy?
- Sandy: Oh, I spent most of it at the beach. I met a boy there.
- Rizzo: Haul your cookies all the way to the beach for some guy?
- Sandy: He was sort of special.
- Rizzo: There ain't no such thing.
- Sandy: He was really romantic.
- Blanche: When I hear music, I just can't make my feet behave.
- Sonny: She thinks she's Tinkerbell.
- Blanche: Hush, Sonny!
- Vince: Hi, I'm Vince Fontaine. Hey, do your folks know I come into your room every night over KZAZ, that is? I'm judging the dance contest.
- Marty: I don't think I'm entered.
- Vince: A knockout like you? What's your name?
- Marty: Marty.
- Vince: Marty what?
- Marty: Maraschino. You know, as in cherry.
- Frenchy: I wish I had a guardian angel to tell me what to do. You know, like Debbie Reynolds had in Tammy. What do you think?
- Vi: If you find him, give him my phone number.
- Coach Calhoun: Game rule one: all couples must be boy-girl.
- Putzie: Yeah, too bad, Eugene.
- Frenchy: Doody, how do I look?
- Doody: Like a beautiful blonde pineapple!
- Sonny: Jeez! Every teacher I got this flunked me at least once!
- Doody: If you don't watch it, you're going to be spending all you time in mcgee's office.
- Sonny: Yeah? well, this year she's going to wish she's never seen me.
- Doody: Oh yeah? And what are you going to do?
- Sonny: I just ain't going to take any of her crap. That's all. I don't take no crap off nobody.
- Principal McGee: Sonny?
- Sonny: Hello Ma'am.
- Principal McGee: Aren't you supposed to be in homeroom right now?
- Sonny: I was just going for a walk.
- Principal McGee: you were just dawdling, weren't you?
- Sonny: Yes Ma'am.
- Principal McGee: That is no way to start a new semester, Mr. Latierre.
- Sonny: (Speaks in italian).
- Principal McGee: Perhaps a session of banging erasers after school would put you on the right track?
- Sonny: Yes Ma'am.
- Principal McGee: Are you just going to stand there all day?
- Sonny: No Ma'am. I mean, Yes Ma'am. I mean.
- Principal McGee: Well which is it? Yes or No?
- Sonny: No Ma'am.
- Principal McGee: Good. Then Move! [walks away]
- Sonny: Yes, ma'am.
- Danny: I'm sure glad you didn't take any of her crap, Sonny. You would have really told her off, huh?
- Doody: [in falsetto] Mr. Latierre. Yes, Ma'am, No Ma'am.
- Sonny: Hey Eugene! How you doing?
- Eugene: Hi Fellas!
- Doody: Did you have a nice summer? Shake, buddy. [buzzes eugene]
- Doody: Hey, what's wrong? You're wearing glasses. [putzie messes with eugene's bow-tie]
- Eugene: I got astigmatism.
- Doody: Aw, too bad.
- Kenickie: Come on! Let's go!
- Putzie: Sorry, Eugene. [T-Birds go upstairs]
- Sonny: Hey, Eugene, I'll get that. [picks up bow-tie hands it to eugene] There you go, Eugene.
- Eugene: Thanks, Sonny.
- Sonny: See you, Fruit boots. [goes upstairs]
- Rizzo: swell bunch you are rushing here to help a lady
- Doody: Lady? i dont see a lady? [T-birds laughs]
- Kenickie:Shut up, shut Up!
- Rizzo: What's up, Kenick?
- Kenickie: One guess.
- Rizzo: you got a lot to offer a girl
- Kenickie: Yea you know it
- Rizzo: What you say Zuk?
- Danny: you looking good Rizz
- Rizzo: eat your heart out
- Danny:well sloppy seconds aint my style. [jumps out of the car]
- Rizzo: where you going? to flog your log?
- Danny: whats better than hanging out with you dorks
- T-birds: Danny!
- Kenickie: your chariet my lady
- Kenickie: Girls are only good for one thing
- Sonny: Yea, and what are you suppose to do with them for the other 23 hours and 45 mintues of the day [sonny laughs with the guys]
- Putzie: Is that all it takes? 15 mintues?
- Marty: It was bad luck, Kenickie.
- Kenickie: Yeah, well, if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck at all.
- Rizzo: [breaks out a bottle of wine] How about a little Sneaky Pete to get the party going? [the girls all cheer]
- Jan: Italian swiss colony. Wow! It's Imported! I brought some twinkies. Anybody want one?
- Marty: Twinkies and wine? Oh, that's real class, Jan.
- Jan: It says right here it's a dessert wine. [offers bottle to Sandy who's hesitant]
- Rizzo: Come on. Sandy didn't get any wine.
- Sandy: Oh. that's okay. I don't mind.
- Rizzo: I'll bet you've never had a drink before either.
- Sandy: Oh, yes I did. I had some champagne at my cousin's wedding once.
- Rizzo: Ah, ringa ding-ding.
- Jan: What's wrong? We don't got cooties!
- Jan: Well I have been Dieting all day [to Putzie] My mothers apple pie is better than this stuff, you want a piece?
- Putzie: Yea, Sure
- Sonny: Hey Putzie, 15 minutes.
[Jan and Putzie leave Frosty palace]
- Frenchy: They cant come in here My focks'll flip!
- Rizzo: you goody goodies are to much for me, im gonna get my kicks while im still young enough to get em [climbs out window]
- Frencie: whats she gonna do? Shimmy down the drain pipe?
- Cha Cha: They call me Cha Cha. Coz im the best dancer at St Bernadates
- Frenchy: With the worst Reputaion
- Sandy: Ya'know Danny Im kind of worried about this Dance off. Maybe they dance differently the way we do back home
- Rizzo: Its okay Sandy, Maybe we'll invent the Kangaroo bop [kenickie laughs sarcastically]
- Danny: C'mon Sandy lets get out of here
- Putzie: You want some?
- Jan: uhmmm mm mmm
- Putzie: Jeez you sure are a cheap date. I didnt mean it like that
- Jan: I understand
- Putzie: I always thought you were an understanding person
- Jan: I am
- Putzie: and I also think theres more to you than just fat
- Jan: Thanks
- Putzie: Your welcome. You got a date for the dance off?
- Jan: No
- Putzie: You wanna go
- Jan: Yea [both laughs with joy]
- John Travolta - Danny Zuko
- Olivia Newton-John - Sandy Olsson
- Stockard Channing - Betty Rizzo
- Jeff Conaway - Kenickie
- Michael Tucci - Sonny LaTierri
- Didi Conn - Frenchy
- Dinah Manoff - Marty Maraschino
- Jamie Donnelly - Jan
- Eve Arden - Principal McGee
- Frankie Avalon - The Teen Angel
- Edd Byrnes - Vince Fontaine
- Sid Caesar - Coach Calhoun
- Lorenzo Lamas - Tom Chisum
- Susan Buckner - Patty Simcox
- Eddie Deezen - Eugene Felnic