Great Big Sea
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I've been the world over,
north, south, east and west,
But the middle of nowhere, where I likes it best.
Where it's wave over wave, sea over bow,
I'm as happy a man as the sea will allow.
- I've sailed the world over for decades or more
And oft' times I wonder what I do it for.
I don't know the answer. It's pleasure and pain,
But with life to live over I'd do it again
- Wave Over Wave
- Well, a process man am I and I am telling you no lie
I work and breathe among the fumes that trail across the sky
There's thunder all around me and there's poison in the air
There's a lousy smell that smacks of hell and dust all in me hair
- There's overtime and bonus opportunities galore.
The young men like their money and they all come back for more,
but soon your knocking on and you look older than you should
For every bob made on the job, you pay it with flesh and blood.
- And every day you're in this place you're two days nearer death.
- Chemical Worker's Song (Process Man)
- And the old black rum's got a hold on me
Like a dog wrapped 'round my leg
And the old black rum's got a hold on me
Will I live for another day?
- So I drank all of my money and I slept out in the rain
Every day is different, but the nights they're all the same
You never see the sun on the old black rum,
But I know I'm gonna do it again.
- The Old Black Rum
Sea of No Cares (2002)
- When you're in love,
there's no time and no space.
There's a permanent smile on your face
- Sea of No Cares
- Well, I came into a scolding wife a few short years ago
And ever since I lead a life of misery and woe
My wife she is a tyrant around the room and in
Ah, she'd sell me to the devil for a glass or two of gin.
- And if the devil will take her,
I'd thank him for his pain.
I swear to God I'll hang me self if I get married again.
- The Scolding Wife
Something Beautiful (2004)
- Got to leave it all behind you.
Give the sun a chance to find you.
Let it go.
- Hey man, you don't know what you're missing.
You count your curses and forget about the blessings.
Don't you think you should learn a little lessson?
- Let It Go
- But every mountain has it's faces that'd make you want to stop
On this so unwelcome journey from the bottom to the top.
- And there's one more thing I've come to know for sure.
There's no bitterness that smolders,
no chip on any shoulder
that a random act of kindness couldn't cure.
- Something Beautiful
- Just like the final movie scene,
the prince will find his perfect queen.
The hero always saves the world.
The villains get what they deserve.
The boy will always get the girl
when I am king.
- When I Am King