Gullah Gullah Island
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gullah Gullah Island is an American musical children's television series that was produced by and aired on the Nickelodeon network from 1994 to 1998. The show starred Ron and Natalie Daise, who also served as the cultural advisors, and was inspired by the Gullah culture of Ron Daise's home of St. Helena Island, South Carolina, part of the Sea Islands.
- Ron: Hey, James, we're going to the nature center, you wanna come with us?
- James: Are you gonna see Ranger Mike?
- Shaina: Yeah, he's gonna show us some frogs and tadpoles.
- James: Then, count me out, I don't want to have anything to with frogs, tadpoles, or polliwogs today.
- Ron: All right, son, we'll see you later.
- James: Oh, man, look what you did know, Binyah Binyah.
- Binyah Binyah: Sorry.
- Natalie: It's all right, I can buy another broom.
- James: It's not all right, Mom, every time we start having fun, he messes it up!
- Natalie: James, I think you need to take a time out in the house.
- James: That's not fair!
- Natalie: James!
- James: You need to take a time out too, far, far away.
- Binyah Binyah: [purring]
- Vanessa: He didn't mean it, Binyah Binyah.
- Bryan: Yeah, he just got mad, but he really loves you.
- Natalie: We all do.
- Marisol: Yeah.
- Vanessa: Where's he going, Aunt Natalie?
- Natalie: I don't know, sweetheart.
- Bryan: Come back, Binyah Binyah, come back!
- James: Binyah Binyah? Binyah Binyah?
- Natalie: Don't worry about Binyah Binyah, he'll be all right.
- James: But I have to worry, Mom, this is all my fault.
- Bryan: Is Binyah Binyah back yet?
- Vanessa: Nope, we haven't seen high nor here of the poor little critter.
- Armando: We should start looking for him.
- James: It's no use, he's never coming back.
- Marisol: What?
- Vanessa: James said Binyah Binyah isn't coming back, because he was mean to him.
- Bryan: He wouldn't run away forever.
- Armando: Yeah, my sister's mean to me all the time, but I keep on coming back home.
- Marisol: What do you mean I'm mean to you, you're always the one that's picking on me.
- Armando: Am not!
- Marisol: Are too.
- Armando: Am not!
- Marisol: Are too!
- James: See? I already started an argument without even trying to.
- Vanessa: Get a grip, James, they argue all the time, even if you're not there to start it.
- Bryan, Armando, and Marisol: Vanessa!
- Vanessa: Oops, sorry.
- James: Boy, I wouldn't blame you guys if you never spoke to me again.
- 1990s American black TV shows
- 1990s American children's TV shows
- 1990s Nickelodeon original series
- American children's fantasy TV shows
- American children's musical TV shows
- American TV shows featuring puppetry
- Cancelled shows
- Treehouse TV shows
- Nick Jr. shows
- Noggin shows
- TV shows about children
- TV shows about frogs and toads