Jump to navigation Jump to search
Guy Browning (born 1964) is a humorist and after-dinner speaker. He writes the How to... column in the Guardian.
- Libraries are brothels for the mind. Which means that librarians are the madames, greeting the punters, understanding their strange tastes and needs and then pimping their books.
- How to... use a Library, Never Push When It Says Pull: Small Rules for Little Problems (2005).
- What makes a date so dreadful is the weight of expectation attached to it. There is every chance that you may meet your soulmate, get married, have children and be buried side by side. There is an equal chance that the person you meet will look as if they’ve already been buried for some time.
- How to... Date, Never Hit a Jellyfish with a Spade: How to Survive Life’s Smaller Challenges (2004).
- Men love women because they are the loveliest things on God's earth. Women love men because chocolate can't mow the lawn. Some men prefer to love other men. Equally, some women prefer to love other women. There is a word to describe this kind of behaviour. Love.
- How to... Love, Never Hit a Jellyfish with a Spade: How to Survive Life’s Smaller Challenges (2004).
- People who get to the top of any organisation are generally dysfunctional human beings who are overachieving, overcompensating or overbearing.
- The board, Office Politics (2006).
- Never work for a company that says people are its most important asset. If you wanted to get a mortgage and you said that your only asset was people you would end up living in a tent.
- People, Office Politics (2006).