Jump to navigation Jump to search
Halloweentown is a 1998 Disney Channel Original Movie directed by Duwayne Dunham. It is the first installment in the Halloweentown series, and stars Kimberly J. Brown, Debbie Reynolds and Judith Hoag.
- Marnie: [sorting through the presents Aggie brought them] Hieroglyphics!
- Gwen: [to Aggie] Mother!
- Marnie: You know, these look like the ones from the Egyptian book of the dead!
- Gwen: I'm just trying to protect you.
- Marnie: Yeah, you're protecting us from being anything but a bunch of vegetables. [sits down] Hey look! I'm a potato, are you happy now? Maybe I'll put down some roots in the carpet [mockingly] Oh no Marie, it's too dangerous! There're things about vegetables that YOU don't understand.
- Gwen: You are not a witch.
- Marnie: Oh, yes, I am, no thanks to you. You were going to let my powers go away forever.
- Dylan: Why are you so obsessed with Halloween? I mean, it's just like Mom says: It gives little kids dumb ideas about there being magic. Like that helps them prepare for life. Personally, give me a good nature documentary any day.
- Marnie: [sarcastically] Halloween is cool, nature boy. I mean, it's exciting, strange and ancient. Plus, Mom and Dad met on Halloween.
- Dylan: Shh! What are you trying to do? You know how talking about Dad always bums Mom out, I mean, why can't you pick some other holiday to get hung up on, like Arbor Day? Trees are important too, you know.
- Marnie: Hey, look, a pentagram! Lon Chaney had one of these on his palm when he got bitten by that werewolf.
- Aggie: So he did, I've always said the movies can teach us about life.
- Luke: Maybe we could go out for an ice cream. I know my way around town. I'm kinda like the big cheese here.
- Marnie: I was hungry, but then I smelled something stinky... it must have been the Big Cheese!
- Gwen: You can't go out tonight.
- Marnie: Why?
- Gwen: I have my reasons and I will explain them to you when you're taller.
- Marnie: Mom, you've been saying that for like my whole life. It's just one night, what's the big deal?
- Marnie: I'm getting that deja vu feeling again!
- Dylan: You knew I was going to put on my shoe?
- Marnie: No!
- Kimberly J. Brown as Marnie Piper
- Debbie Reynolds as Agatha "Aggie" Cromwell
- Judith Hoag as Gwen Piper
- Joey Zimmerman as Dylan Piper
- Emily Roeske as Sophie Piper
- Phillip Van Dyke as Luke
- Robin Thomas as Kalabar
- Rino Romano as Benny
- Judith M. Ford as Harriet