Jump to navigation Jump to search
Halo: Reach is a 2010 prequel to the Halo franchise.
- Corporal Travis : Mayday! 3 Charlie Six, does anyone read? We were attacked by Covenant forces. The Covenant is on Reach. I repeat: the Covenant is on Reach!
- Colonel Urban Holland: ...I'm barely getting you. What's your situation, over?
- Carter-A259: Colonel, this is Noble One. There are no rebels. The Covenant are on Reach. Acknowledge?
- Holland: Come again, Noble One? Did you say Covenant?
- Carter: Affirmative. It's the Winter Contingency.
- Holland: May God help us all.
- Sword Base Automated PA: Welcome to the Office of Naval Intelligence. An ONI representative will meet you shortly.
- Catherine-B320: [dryly] I doubt that very much.
- Catherine-B320: Objective? Destroy Covenant Carrier in geosynchronous orbit above us.
- Jorge-052: This sanctioned, sir?
- Carter-A259: What do you think?
- Jorge: Oh.
- Kat: Method? A slipspace drive in lieu of the nukes we don't have. Delivery system? Us. Solvable? Getting us up there. That, and getting our hands on a slip-space drive. [Kat gives Emile back his kukri.] Thank you for sharing.
- Carter: So... All we need is orbit-capable transport, and the single most expensive piece of equipment made by man?
- Kat: As a soldier in the field, I couldn't possibly have access to those kinds of resources. That said, a good place to look might be... I don't know, the nearest nonexistent launch site in the nonexistent Sabre Program, dismissed by three administrations as preposterous rumor. And in which our newest member was certainly never a pilot. [All the Spartans look at Noble Six, who displays no visible reaction.]
- Emile-A239: You're scary, you know that?
- Jorge: Well, I got good news and bad news. This bird took some fire and her thruster gimbal is toast. Which means the only way off this slag heap is gravity.
- Noble Six: And the good news?
- Jorge: That was the good news.
- Auntie Dot: At current velocity, fifty-three seconds to endpoint.
- Jorge: Yeah, yeah, yeah... [Jorge removes his helmet and drops it to the floor.] Bad news is, timer's fried. I'm gonna have to fire it manually.
- Noble Six: That's a one-way trip.
- Jorge: We all make it sooner or later. Better get going, Six, they're gonna need you down there. Listen, Reach has been good to me... [Jorge removes his dog tags and gives them to Noble Six, grasping his/her hand in farewell.]...time's come to return the favor. Don't deny me this. [Before Six can protest, Jorge tightens his grip, lifts the Spartan up with one hand and carries him/her to the shield door.] Tell 'em to make it count.
- [Jorge throws Six out of the Ardent Prayer's hangar. While falling Six sees the Ardent Prayer dock with the Supercarrier, seconds before the Slipspace drive activates; teleporting half the ship to oblivion]
- Captain Jacob Keyes: Good to see you, Spartan. Catherine assured me I could count on you.
- Noble Six: Not just me, sir... [hands the Package to Captain Keyes.]
- Keyes: They'll be remembered.
- [The second Zealot impales Emile from behind with an Energy Sword, then pulls the mortally-wounded Spartan off the blade, holding Emile by the throat.]
- Emile: [defiantly] I'm ready! How 'bout you?!
- [Still alive, Emile pulls out his kukri and stabs the Zealot in the throat before dragging them both to the floor. Keyes' Pelican returns to Platform Delta. One of the Marines holds out his hand, asking Six to join them.]
- Marine: Lieutenant, get on board! We gotta get the hell out of here!
- Noble Six: [determined] Negative. I have the gun. Good luck, sir.
- [Six turns away from the Pelican]
- Keyes: [solemnly] ...Good luck to you, Spartan.
- Dr. Catherine Halsey: [voice-over] It didn't take long for Reach to fall. Our enemy was ruthless. Efficient. But they weren't nearly fast enough. For you had already passed the torch. And because of you, we found Halo, unlocked its secrets, shattered our enemy's resolve. Our victory - your victory - was so close... I wish you could have lived to see it. But you belong to Reach. Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything, except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild.