Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Directed by Wim Wenders and written by Thomas Pope (adaptation), Dennis O'Flaherty, Ross Thomas, based upon the novel by Joe Gores.
He Created 'The Maltese Falcon," "Sam Spade," and "The Thin Man". But He Didn't Write This Mystery-Thriller...He Lived It. Taglines
Samuel Dashiell Hammett
- Why is he tailing me all over town? Does he think I'm pretty or what?
- I knew you gone sour, Ryan, but I didn't know you gone simple.
- Her name wasn't really Sue Alabama... It was Sue something Greek and unpronounceable.
- She primed him and I went in on the cleanup.
- Sex was nearly all Sue Alabama ever needed, and she could use it the way some guys use a blackjack.
- I can't figure him for a cannon. The only thing Pen Pal would ever use is the U.S. Mail... Extortion.
- He needed one hand for the money and the other for the gun... He wasn't good enough to handle both.
- The Punk: Whose there? You don't want a belly full of daylight!
- English Eddie Hagedorn: You have a unique persuasive style, sir. Perhaps a little lacking in finesse, but then, polish isn't everything.
- Ryan: That'll stop a kitten if you're lucky.
- Sue Alabama: It'll stop a tiger if you know how to point it.
- Ryan: At least you didn't hit the money.
- Sue Alabama: I didn't aim at the money.
- Sue Alabama: Give me two hours.
- Ryan: Why?
- Sue Alabama:For old times' sake.
- Ryan: I'll give you one.
- Sue Alabama: Okay, one.
- Ryan: (Voice Over) I didn't give her an hour, of course... I didn't even giver her 15 minutes... They picked her up at the Union Station with a ticket to Chicago in her bag.
- The Punk: You son of a bitch! I'll strangle you with your own guts!
- Hammett: People lose teeth talking like that.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|