|This People article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
William Henry "Hank" Green II (born May 5, 1980, in Birmingham, Alabama) is a professional blogger and the founder of the environmental technology blog EcoGeek. He is also a singer/songwriter, as well as the co-owner of DFTBA Records. Hank Green has achieved Internet fame through his day-to-day YouTube video blogs (or Vlog), known as the Brotherhood 2.0 Project, along with his brother, author John Green, and with their shared Vlogbrothers channel, which is currently the 90th most subscribed YouTube channel of all time. He is a really cool singer.
- If you were a crayon, what color would you most like to make out with?
- We often just accept the things that we like and complain a lot about the things that we don't like. But if we could, like, intensely dwell on the really great things in life the way we intensely dwell on the negative things in life. I think that would be fantastic.
- I like three-legged dogs, because if I was missing a leg I would be like: „URGH, life sucks when missing a leg. Slow down! I can't walk that fast, I'm missing a freaking leg!!“ And dogs? No! A three legged dog is on it. Exactly the same amount of happy as a four-legged dog! That's why I like three-legged dogs. They have taken their three-leggedness and they embrace it.
- It's almost as if our society values opinion over knowledge.
- So you go on and on, with this intellectual fly down, your underwear exposed, and toilette paper hanging out the back of your pants.
- about "saying stuff wrong" Stop Embarrassing Yourself
- But the truth of the matter is, to live a good life, as a good person, it doesn't matter how you got there. It just matters that you do.
- What does it mean that social structures among young people are so often predicated upon trying really, really hard to appear to not-be-trying?
- Why is it called Piggie-back riding? I'm not a piggie!
- I think it's pretty ridiculous to sit back and think that we've changed the horse so much, without realizing that they have changed us an awful lot too.
- The way that we look does not have anything to do with the way that we sound, or the way that we are.
We like to think so, in fact we like to think so so much that we tend to dress up like people that we are similar to. We all kind of wear uniforms.
- So the president is like, "Well, once upon a time it was Congress's job to decide whether or not we attacked countries, so let's let them decide." Which is funny, because, as we all know, if Congress were on fire, Congress could not pass the "Pour Water on Congress Act".
- We've got to keep 6 billion people happy without destroying our planet. It's the biggest challenge we've ever faced....but we're taking it on.
- I thought what would I give, if it could be true
If I could ever feel again the way I felt when I read you
- It seems no matter what I read I think "this is not harry potter."
- I forgot how to throw a boomerang, but then it came back to me.
- For years this rule has kept me out of hopeless despair:
You simply do not feel what is always there.
I ask my brain to entertain that pain is the same,
that if I feel it all the time, can you really call it pain?
- Wooh green-screen ponies!