Happily N'Ever After
Happily N'Ever After is a 2007 American computer-animated film based on fairy tales of the Brothers Grimm and Hans Christian Andersen. It is a Vanguard Animation production, released by Lion Gate Films on January 5, 2007.
The film stars the voices of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Freddie Prinze, Jr., Andy Dick, Wallace Shawn, Patrick Warburton, George Carlin, and Sigourney Weaver. It proved to be Carlin's final film role before his death the following year, excluding his 2008 HBO special It's Bad for Ya.
- Forty flights of stairs in heels? This had better be good...
- We are always, the losers, the bad guys. Is that fair? No! 'Cause starting tonight, I give you Happily Never After!
- Maybe it's just fireworks?
- Could you just give her split ends, or dandruff, or something?
- Rick: Can I get you guys a refill on the meat?
- Wolf #1: [gestures to a chair] What's your rush, kid? Sit down!
- Wolf #2: Takes a load off! Pour yourself a glass.
- Rick: [sits] All right! Don't mind if I do. You know, that's the first time anybody asked me to sit down...
- [puts feet up, accidentally kicks fork, drink flies across room and melts witch]
- Wolf #1: So, what's your name, kid?
- Rick: Rick.
- Wolf #2: So, are you a good guy, or a bad guy, or what kind?
- Rick: Neither! I work in the kitchen.
- Wolf #1: Let me give you some advice. Around here, you're either a good guy, or a bad guy. And between you and me, I don't see much future in being good *Capiche*?
- Munk: We're not tipping the scales of good and evil so YOU can be entertained!
- Mambo: What if we made the seven dwarves, seven feet TALL? And...
- Munk: No way!
- Mambo: What about making Rapunzel go bald...
- Munk: [interrupts, grabs remote] NO! Forget it.
- [walks away]
- Mambo: Couldn't we just give her split ends? Or dandruff? Or a mullet?! Or SOMETHING?!
- Rick: What's going on?
- Mambo: [watching Prince Humperdink storm the castle] There's the dashing prince, he's charging, he's wielding his noble sword, with... with fiery determination, he's falling off, he's falling off the steed, he fell off... he's on the ground now, he's on the ground, he's lookin' for his noble sword...
- Rick: I'm almost starting to feel sorry for the guy!
- Mambo: He's feeling around, is that, he has a stick,
- [Humperdink shrieks]
- Mambo: Oh... ooh, they're kicking him now... and they're laughing, they're laughing at him, and they're, he, oh, he just... got... captured...
- Ella: [gushing to Rick about Prince Humperdink] Oh, did you see him today? Who's he warning?
- Mambo: I hate gravity!
- Don't Let Your Hair Down. Don't Go To The Ball. Don't Visit Grandma.
- Fairy Tale Endings Aren't What They Used To Be
- Finders Keepers.
- The future looks Grimm
- Sarah Michelle Gellar - Ella
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. - Rick
- Andy Dick - Mambo
- Wallace Shawn - Munk
- Patrick Warburton - the Prince
- George Carlin - the Wizard
- Sigourney Weaver - Frieda
- Mike McShane - Rumpelstiltskin
- Amigos: Tom Kenny, Rob Paulsen, Philip Proctor
- Dwarves: John DiMaggio, Tom Kenny
- Stepsisters: Kath Soucie, Jill Talley
- Witches: Tress MacNeille, Jill Talley
- Wolves: Tom Kenny, Jon Polito
- Tom Kenny - The Royal Messenger
- Kath Soucie - Baby/Red Riding Hood
- Jill Talley - Baby's Mother
- Lisa Kaplan - Fairy Godmother
- John DiMaggio - The Giant