Jump to navigation Jump to search
- You know, those guys in there think I'm crazy. And I am, too!
- [lights a match] Sure was a funny gag. Too bad you couldn't see it.
- [answers phone in middle of chase] Hello? You don't say. You don't say. You don't say! [Meathead: Who was it?] He didn't say.
- Screwy Squirrel: Say, you lose something, chum?
- Meathead: I'm looking for that screwy squirrel.
- Screwy Squirrel: Would you recognize him if you saw a picture?
- Meathead: Sure.
- Screwy Squirrel: [holds a picture frame in front of him] Is this him?
- Meathead: Yeah, that's him.
- Screwy Squirrel: He went that way, just over that fence.
- Meathead: Gee, thanks.
- [Meathead jumps over the fence and off a cliff]
- Screwy Squirrel: [at the bottom of the cliff, holding a newspaper] Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Dumb dog falls for corny old gag! Extra!
- [Meathead lands]
- Screwy Squirrel: Paper, mister?
- [Screwy hands Meathead paper; headline reads "Sucker!"]
- Screwy Squirrel: [as Meathead chases Screwy, they pass the end title] Say, that was the end of the picture.
- [They walk back to the end title card]
- Meathead: Yup, that's it all right.
- Screwy Squirrel: So long, Meathead.
- Meathead: Goodbye.
- Screwy Squirrel: Say, what was the idea of chasing me all through the picture?
- Meathead: Because you're crazy. You think you're Napoleon, but you ain't. I am! [acts crazy]
- Screwy Squirrel: You know, I like this ending. It's silly.
- Wally Maher as Screwy Squirrel. (uncredited)
- Dick Nelson as Meathead. (uncredited)