Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Playing for India has been an honour and I want to continue doing that. I don't know anything else to do other than cricket. I want to play as long as I can,
- Singh on playing for India, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Harbhajan Singh Says he Urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to Bat up the Order in Asia Cup Final", March 8, 2016.
- We have grown up playing on Indian conditions, we know the crowd, what is a defendable score and what is a chaseable target, while playing in home conditions has its challenges especially the expectations of the people, at the same time it also lifts you up to perform bette
- Singh on playing at home grounds in cricket, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Harbhajan Singh Says he Urged Mahendra Singh Dhoni to Bat up the Order in Asia Cup Final", March 8, 2016.
- Interviewer: You and Australia have had quite a relationship over the years. This will be your first trip there in eight years.
Singh: There are lots of memories, and they are all quite fresh. Good and bad. I will start with the good. Winning the Perth Test was probably the key point of my Test career, even though I didn’t play that match. But in the context of the series, we fought really hard and won a match in which Australia were favourites. And of course winning the CB series by beating Australia was very satisfying. It is like winning a mini World Cup. The bad memories include the Sydney spat, of course. It should have been handled better. It should have been stopped. Whatever happened there didn’t help anyone, neither Australian cricket nor us. We (Andrew Symonds & I) should have just sat like two mature people and spoken about it and sorted it.
Interviewer: This realisation that you should stop rushing through things has come about recently?
Singh: It’s not that I have just started doing this now. I have been told by a lot of my senior bowlers, “Take your time. Don’t rush.” Maybe I was not getting the idea sometimes. That was missing in between. Sometimes I was heeding to that advice, sometimes I was not.Then you make mistakes. Then you come back to the same thing, “Ok, take your time, boss. Relax.” It’s been there, but lately it’s come to the fore more because I have become calmer.
Interviewer: When you see guys like Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan, who came into international cricket after you, retire, what kind of effect does it have on you?
Singh: That was up to them. They know what’s going on with their body and mind. They need to plan their lives. Their decision should not put anyone else under pressure. Till I’m playing with my full energy, I will continue to play. Aisa toh nahi ho sakta bhai ki ek ka raasta doosre ke liye theek hai. I am enjoying what I’m doing.
- Interview with Indian Express, January 25, 2016.
- I don't think I need to experiment with anything like carrom ball or so. I have my core strengths which is the off-break and the doosra. It has given me results in the last 15 years and no one can take away my 700 plus international wickets from me.
- Singh on his cricket performance, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Harbhajan Singh Says He Relies On His Strength Which Has Served Him Well For 15 Years", December 22, 2015.
- He is a very strong headed person and that shows on-screen (in matches)... He got success at an early age and still he is so grounded and humble. He loves his game. I want to learn that from him
- Actress Geeta Basra on Singh, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Harbhajan Singh's Passion and Humility a Source of Inspiration for Girlfriend Geeta Basra", June 17, 2015.
- Whenever that (marriage) happens, everyone will come to know. It's really upsetting as every time there are rumours going around about my marriage. It is not like I am hiding anything. Whenever it happens we will tell (the media).
- Geeta Basra about their impending wedding, quoted on sports.ndtv, "Harbhajan Singh's Passion and Humility a Source of Inspiration for Girlfriend Geeta Basra", June 17, 2015.
- The first time I ever met him, he was the same little obnoxious weed that he is now.
Encyclopedic article on Harbhajan Singh at Wikipedia