Jump to navigation Jump to search
Hare Force is a 1944 Warner Bros. cartoon in the Merrie Melodies series, directed by Friz Freleng and starring Bugs Bunny and an old lady. Although the title is an obvious play on Air Force, the cartoon's plot has nothing to do with the military. "As Time Goes By" is sung in this short by Sylvester the dog (not to be confused with Sylvester the cat) and Bugs at different points.
- Directed by Friz Freleng. Produced by Leon Schlesinger. Story by Tedd Pierce.
- You're in for it now, Doc. It's the hot seat for you, sure.
- [last lines] Gee, ain't I a stinker?
- Sylvester: [kicks Bugs in the butt] Gee, I'm awful sorry. That was awfully unsporting of me, hitting ya when you wasn't looking.
- Bugs Bunny: That's okay. All you did was this. [kicks Sylvester in the butt] Now, if you had done this... [slaps Sylvester in the nose] ... or this... [twirls Sylvester over his head] ...I'd have gotten sore and done this. [punches Sylvester in the jaw] But you didn't. All you did was this. [kicks Sylvester in the butt again] So there's no need for apologies.
- Mel Blanc as Bugs Bunny.
- Bea Benaderet as Granny (uncredited)
- Kent Rogers as Sylvester the Dog (uncredited)
- Tedd Pierce as Various (uncredited)