Harley Davidson and the Marlboro Man is a 1991 action film, starring Mickey Rourke and Don Johnson. The film was written by Don Michael Paul and directed by Simon Wincer.
When the going gets tough... the tough take the law into their own hands. (taglines)
- Oh God, if you're up there, looking down from wherever it is you look down from... look away now.
The Marlboro Man
- You ain't gonna find God with me. When I'm dead and done, I don't want no damn excuses for I did.
- My old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world, "Never chase buses or women - you always get left behind."
- My old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world, "The right woman can make ya and the wrong woman can break ya."
- Harley: [Pointing to a photograph in his wallet] One morning I woke up and she was gone. I still have feelings for her deep inside.
- Marlboro: Well, I only know of two cures for that particular ailment. And since you don't drink no more, you're down to one.
- Marlboro: [Regarding Harley's shooting skills, as Harley reloads his Ruger Super Blackhawk .454 Casull] You know, it costs two bucks every time you fire that thing. That's two bucks a bullet.
- Harley: Well, how many I hit?
- Marlboro: You've spent twelve bucks and not hit a god damn thing. I've spent about a buck and a quarter and hit two of them.
- Harley: Where'd they go?
- Marlboro [Sees Daniel Baldwin's character, Alexander and his remaining henchman, who open fire with their fully automatic AUG assault rifles] [...] Right there and they're spending a fortune!
- Marlboro: [On being handed a gun to shoot Chance Wilder] I... I can't do it...
- Harley: What's wrong?
- Marlboro: My old man used to tell me, before he left this shitty world, not to kill an unarmed man.
- Harley: What's your old man got to do with it?
- Marlboro: You leave my old man out of this!
- Harley: [throws a revolver to Chance] There you go, now he's armed.
- Marlboro: That gun's empty, Harley.
- Harley: So what? This piece of shit sells drugs to kids.
- Marlboro: [Awaiting Alexander to make a deal to exchange drugs for the lease on their favourite bar] You know this ain't gonna fly?
- Harley: It'll fly.
- Marlboro: You wanna bet?
- Harley: I'll bet you a Dollar. But if you win I'm gonna have to owe you - that cab fare last night broke me.
- Marlboro: If I win, we're dead.
- [Phone rings]
- Harley: Hello, American Airlines...
- When the going gets tough... the tough take the law into their own hands.